ForumsThe TavernEver have a "Useless Partner"?

72 11469
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

In engineering we have to build a bridge, and I got partnered up with the most useless a$$hole in the intire class...

I basicly do everything, and when he does help, he screws everything up.

You see, we have a limited amount materials, and when he messes up a single angle, that takes away from our materials and makes it impossible to redo anything...

Currently, our bridge looks like shit.

DX

Ok, rant post over...

I guess you can discuss Useless partners amoungest yourselves....

• 72 Replies
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Fortunately, in real life everyone you will work with will be exactly as hardworking as you are. This is why there are no problems ever.

take me for example. I have a D in chemistry (me and my lab partner are fail) And often times the teacher sticks a kid doing poorly in the class with someone who is doing well, to boost there grade, and help them learn whats going on.

Ah, good point. Instead of complaining about how useless people are, try to teach them so that they can learn to be of use. Even in college, my professors frequently pair younger students with older students precisely for this reason. Then, when the younger student become older students, they get to pass on the favor. Its actually a good system.

Basically, try to emphasize with your teacher. He/she probably doesn't have enough time to help everyone in the class. And if they don't want to learn from you, well that's tough. But it is good experience for the real world where you will often have to do much more than your fair share.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I sometimes love having partners that don't do anything, that way they don't screw things up (and i have very little faith in other human beings). In 8th grade physics, we had to build a tower out of straws and tape, whoever's built the highest wins and get's extra credit on the test. I convinced my partner to do nothing (he's not the smartest kid >.&gt, and i built the entire thing myself. Guess who won (by a lot)

In other cases it's more fun to do it yourself. In 7th grade biology, i got to dissect the entire frog myself because my partner was to scared. And again in 10th grade i got to do all the experiments involving fire because my partner was scared of fire.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

and i have very little faith in other human beings)

Lol.

I'm either the guy who does nothing or the guy who does everything. Depends on my mood that day.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yep, but I often ask the teacher if I can change my partner and they usually say yes. If they say no then I'll just take all the credit for the work; it isn't my fault you can't contribute.

darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Most of the time, I get the useful one, though it seems like I'm the useless one whenever I'm paired up with them ><

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I occasionally get the useless one, and I occasionally am the useless one. it depends on the class, and if my partner has been paying more attention than me.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

yeah i have had many bad partners
one who could do anything, one who would never pay attention and blame me for everything, one who would say random stuff, and one good one. yeah thats in one year...my luck sucks when it comes to this

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

actually i had a useless group in japanese. me and my friend are basically are the only ones who did the work and the kept pronouncing things wrong even after 3 years of the language!! it's so messed up.

this one kid who is asian always says "I don't understand" to almost everything we say and he speaks english perfectly. sometimes, people are just useless.

ampearce89
ampearce89
2 posts
Nomad

**** white people be trippen over a bridge

susilo
susilo
93 posts
Nomad

im never have a useless partnert.... but the lazy partner is much...

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

yeah, she didnt move. I didnt mind though

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

howabout that project? i spent $20 bucks on the stuff to use it. partner goes and gets it all over everything.
another time! have a poster project. its almost done when partner spills rubber cement ALL OVER IT.
the only good thing is when we get to pick our own partnern

Showing 61-72 of 72