ForumsThe TavernEver have a "Useless Partner"?

72 11472
bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

In engineering we have to build a bridge, and I got partnered up with the most useless a$$hole in the intire class...

I basicly do everything, and when he does help, he screws everything up.

You see, we have a limited amount materials, and when he messes up a single angle, that takes away from our materials and makes it impossible to redo anything...

Currently, our bridge looks like shit.

DX

Ok, rant post over...

I guess you can discuss Useless partners amoungest yourselves....

• 72 Replies
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I get distracted way too much, the majority of my work is on the computer so I'll open up whatever I need to do, and get distracted by Facebook, or AG. Sigh... strangely I still manage to get everything done.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty much useless. Why? Because the other people can do it themselves. I'm not going to bother.

Until they do nothing. Yup.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

So essentially you're lazy, until everybody else becomes lazy, then you're an overachiever.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You can do one of two things if you end up with a useless partner:

1) Do all the work yourself and get a good grade on whatever the hell it is you're doing. Your partner will probably also receive a good grade.
2) Don't do a thing. This could lead to two things happening:
-You'll get a terrible grade, but so will your partner. This is a risk a truly evil person (like myself) is willing to take. Not for the faint of heart.
-Your partner will end up doing something; perhaps everything. This is not likely to happen, but if it does, it will show how truly evil and sinister you really are.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I sometimes prefer coercing people into doing work, or abandoning them.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

lol when i saw the title of this thread i was thinking husband and wife like useless partnership(sexually)
no im not a perv

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Even with the subtle shift in topics, I'm still in the opposite situation. Generally speaking, the students end up doing most of the intern jobs because the intern has other intern jobs to do. All an intern needs to say is "who wants to do *insert task here*" and they'll usually get two or three students volunteering to do it for them. This is funny because it seems like all the skills I'm supposed to be learning for internship are mostly done during student days, etc.

That said I kind of am skipping a tutorial right now... but only because I've already gone through the material >_> Right now I think I'm going to go to bed, yes, at 4 in the afternoon.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

Well I can see why in college you don't run into these sorts of problems; everyone there Wants an education, even more the case at Med. School.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

I really despise the people who have the abilities, but are useless when their skills are needed

i'm sry -.- But i don't copy off anyone or cheat, don't worry if i don't finish something (which is not usually the case, i finish it most of the time), I take all the blame
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Ever have two useless partners?

Me and my lab partner had to restart our chemisty lab, three times, brkoke four test tubes, one beaker, caught a peice of paper on fire, spilled some acid stuff everywhere, and to top it all off, don't actually know how to do the equations at the end.

Where useless, but where trying not to be.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That is one of the worst manners of uselessness. Helpless uselessness.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Usually if you want something done right you got to do it yourself. The "teacher picks your partner for you" system always is weak, because you end up with the worst partners ever.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

because you end up with the worst partners ever.

that always happens for some reason.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

[quote]because you end up with the worst partners ever.

that always happens for some reason.[/quote]
It always does for me... (sad face)

Our teachers sometimes gives us the option of working alone though...
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ugh YES! It may say partner project but really its just me doing it all.

Showing 31-45 of 72