ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: December 14, 2010 -- yet another release date

142 32051
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next beta release, code named Falchion, will launch on Monday, December 6, 2010.

The standard times apply, and are all in Pacific Standard Time, which is where Los Angeles, California is. To convert it, you can visit this time zone site.

At 9am, I'll be marking all NEW beta registrations to receive their invite codes later in the day. Any beta registrations that come in after 9am will have to wait for our next release on December 20th.

We'll be doing lots of internal testing before we roll out any code to the live beta site, and as usual, I will post our progress on my twitter feed.

In the afternoon, when we feel the code base is tested enough, we'll send our next beta newsletter to ALL beta users. This newsletter will explain more about what we've been working on, what's in the new release, that sort of thing.

The newsletter Email you'll receive with your invite code will explain what we need from you as beta testers.

Once that newsletter is sent, I'll send out any invite codes for new beta signups up to 9am that morning.

It's important to note up front that several things will seem "missing" from the site, such as the forums, etc. This is to be expected, because we're rolling out the beta in phases where we add new features every two weeks.

The full details of what's going in the beta release, and what major pieces of the site are still missing will be detailed in the newsletter.

• 142 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I've been talking to Freakenstein through the Activity Stream and my armatar is displayed as one of those colored shields. For some reason, the color of the shield always changes upon refreshing.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

My armatar is the wolf that I had about a week ago. I haven't checked out the new features yet. I guess I should go do that now then.

Outstanding
Outstanding
75 posts
Peasant

Um, I received an email that tells like everything about AG3 beta, but it didn't give me an invitation code? Are you sending another email soon?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Sorry Outstanding..

we're going to need to hold off sending new invite codes to users. Hopefully we'll know how well it's doing by the end of the week and get invite codes out then.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Not all armatar settings from AG2 made it to AG3, we're looking at that, so users who don't have an armatar setting will get a randomly-chosen shield color whenever you refresh the page. Hope to have that fixed this week.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

if we can get some of these bugs squished this week, I'll send out the invite codes. It's a significant enough number of users to warrant holding off until some of these bugs get fixed first.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Not sure if this is bug or not but BB codes are not working on profiles.

Also while on the activity stream it says there are 32 comments but it only shows 25/25.

caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

I've been talking to Freakenstein through the Activity Stream and my armatar is displayed as one of those colored shields. For some reason, the color of the shield always changes upon refreshing.

you got one of the magical ones! lucky!
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Not sure if this is bug or not but BB codes are not working on profiles.

That may or may not be a feature that isn't open yet. Right? Right?

you got one of the magical ones! lucky!

Color-changing rainbow shield?
Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I just have to say that "Falchion" is probably the most BA codename ever. Well played, well played.

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

i'm not following or have anyone following me at the moment, but when i post things in the activity stream whenever i refresh my armatar is the shield that changes color every time i refresh. I wish i had someone to follow. oh well, i guess i'll just have a conversation with myself, and since every post has a different colored shield that changes color upon refreshing, it actually looks like multiple people posting.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Just find someone to post on! If you do that, you can follow them AND post on their updates

http://beta.armorgames.com/profile/#######

metaking
metaking
64 posts
Farmer

well that was simple. I feel like an idiot right now. Anyways thanks freak.

kacboy
kacboy
1,846 posts
Nomad

New Beta. When I first came on, I was like, that's it? But then I found some other testers and admins and we had some lols, can't wait for AG3!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

If I go to my dashboard it shows the wolf armatar, but when I type in beta.armorgames.com/profile/GhostOfMatrix it shows my bear armatar.

And when go to dashboard it says I have 0 followers, but when I go to beta.armorgames.com/profile/GhostOfMatrix it shows all my followers.

Showing 106-120 of 142