ForumsThe TavernHow safe is your City/Community?

76 14124
Snowe
Snowe
15 posts
Nomad

Just interested to see what some people have to say.

I live in Moscow, and apparently we have one of the highest murder rates per 100,000 people in the world, but i really dont see it, ive never been robbed or assaulted, the only thing you need here is a spine and youll be completely fine, if you walk looking as small as you can and scared though id steer clear from many parts of the city... Sure it has its dangers but what major city dosent?

• 76 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

My suburb is relatively safe. It depends on what you mean by "safe". If you mean robbers, murderers, etc. then it's really, really safe. If your talking about disease, sickness, etc. then it's safe.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I live in a small town that's fairly safe, although the people are kinda stuck up, but I live maybe 15 minutes from one of the bigger cities in my state, and it's a ghetto... Probably the 3rd most dangerous city in my state

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well I have East St. Louis nearby (I don't live in St. Louis, just near it) and one of the worst neighborhoods in my city within walking distance from me. So pretty safe!

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I like in near the southern portion of the Auckland metropolitan area in New Zealand. The stereotypically representation of this place is that it's a socioeconomically disadvantaged. Yep, there's somewhat more crime here (robbery, murder, r***, illegal drugs) but overall there isn't much crime throughout the country.

Relatively safe I guess.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

If you count safe is no crime at all, than not very.

However, we rarely have, murders, fights, robberies etc. The drug trade seems to be booming though.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

I live near Chicago (relatively) and whenever you turn on the news, the top 5 things you hear are:
1:Shooting on South/ West Side
2:Public figure accused of [insert crime here]
3:Cook county taxes to go up (I don't care, because I don't live in Cook county)
4:It's expected to snow up to a foot this weekend (Never as much as they say)
5:Happy birthday baby beluga!
So yeah, I don't like watching the news a lot because it's like I can almost predict what's going to be on.

I read the first post and was gonna write something like this, but I think you did better than I could have.
Zalucki
Zalucki
67 posts
Nomad

Live on temple campus in Philadelphia. Within the campus it's completely fine. Outside of it is pure ghetto, especially as you start to get into the projects.

Have witnessed two muggings and an attempted **** just this semester. So yeah I would have to say you not the safest place to live when getting trashed at parties :P

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Eh, I'm in the second worst precinct in Phoenix. And that's rather bad, because Phoenix is rather low on the list of 'safest cities'. However, I've personally never had any issues in my area.

I'd be scared to mug you, Walker. o.O

It's sorta kinda safe around here. Drive five minutes and you get into a gangland with a lethal shooting every other day. South side is at least one shooting every day. Lots of robberies all over the city, and drugs are one of the higher paying jobs around.

The only crimes that make the news anymore are triple murders or incredibly sad stories. Mostly capital crimes.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

We have no capital punishment here. My opinion is that the punishments here are low. Yes, this driver who had been traveling recklessly killed two people. He got charged with 3 years in jail. He wasn't intoxicated or anything but he had been traveling over 100 mph.

dily213
dily213
50 posts
Nomad

I live in Ontario Canada and the worst thing ive seen in my neighborhood in the past 20 years is a murder, and i mean,that was HUGE.

eirwen
eirwen
172 posts
Nomad

Apparently my city is one of the most dangerous in Canada. I suppose if you're part of the drug trade it would be. Other than that though it's just peachy We do get bomb threats some times.. heh

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

My city is not the safest.
It all depends what kind of neighborhood you live in. I live in a nice little neighborhood.
Other parts of the city though are very dangerous.
On the news I always see robberies or fights sometimes even murders.

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

ya dont know whats danger back in my barrio there were drive-bys all the time and since there were so many surenos and bloods and crips, my backyard was a major gangland. that was south central LA now i live in phoenix it is much safer. alot safer

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

My town is safe. you got the occasional shooting or murder of a family. A park was burned down last year and it wasn't even more than a day old. Mostly just Gang bangers and the police that give tickets for parking over the sidewalk at 3 AM. Time to move to North Dakota. only about 14 crimes a year in some towns.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

My city is pretty safe, well it depends on where you're at. The west side of it is full of gangsters. But they hardly ever do anything. It only got out of hand with them once when they killed my neighbor about 2 years ago, but ever since then not much has happened with them. Oh, and my city also has a petroleum, so nevermind my city isn't that safe.

Showing 16-30 of 76