ForumsThe TavernHow safe is your City/Community?

76 14128
Snowe
Snowe
15 posts
Nomad

Just interested to see what some people have to say.

I live in Moscow, and apparently we have one of the highest murder rates per 100,000 people in the world, but i really dont see it, ive never been robbed or assaulted, the only thing you need here is a spine and youll be completely fine, if you walk looking as small as you can and scared though id steer clear from many parts of the city... Sure it has its dangers but what major city dosent?

• 76 Replies
budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

i live in colonie, new york and apparently it was voted safest town in the country a few years back so my area is pretty **** safe...

Radiation_burnzz
Radiation_burnzz
12 posts
Nomad

i live in canada... nuff said

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Um... I've never heard of a crime ever in Silo,Oklahoma, so Like, 0?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

We get fined for picking flowers or chewing gum, so what do you think?

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

My city's nicknamed Gunchester, crime here used to be pretty bad. I've been jumped quite alot if I'm honest, and stabbed.. twice.

But the city's rather safe now compared to what it used to be. I guess you could say it's one of the safest in the UK.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

The city where I live is pretty safe. I've never had any problems, but there are robberies once in a while.
However, a month ago a man, who was being arrested by the police because he killed his wife in another city, escaped and killed himself by jumping out the window.

AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

We get fined for picking flowers or chewing gum, so what do you think?

Honestly, I quite like the law against gum. We have a huge problem with people just dropping gum on the street willy-nilly. Especially in the old heart of the city; the marble is almost ruined.

On a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of city safety... I'd say mine was a 2. Barely any serious crimes (the last murder to happen in the city was some 3 years ago).
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I live in a very good community, but go to high school in a town barely short of a slum. It's not that there aren't good people there, just that a lot of people don't pursue education and instead choose to join gangs or commit crime.

luis_h_antunes
luis_h_antunes
2 posts
Farmer

I live in Sorocaba/Brazil and is really calm here, its one of the biggest cities of the area near the capital of the state. Sometimes a few things happens, but if you where to go you'll be fine for sure!!!

42maelstrom
42maelstrom
123 posts
Nomad

I live in a suburb so it's very crime-free here. Like, the only big things crime-wise are the occasional robberies and reckless driving.

Radiation_burnzz
Radiation_burnzz
12 posts
Nomad

haha ****ty luck blk

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Honestly, I quite like the law against gum. We have a huge problem with people just dropping gum on the street willy-nilly. Especially in the old heart of the city; the marble is almost ruined.

I like it too actually but shhh.....lest the people claim I'm an elitist government stooge.
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

I like it too actually but shhh.....lest the people claim I'm an elitist government stooge.

Your secret is safe with me.

I really do think we need stronger anti littering laws in this country. That being the smallest of our problems, but fixable.
zlajba946
zlajba946
27 posts
Nomad

hey i don't know how it's up in ur town
but i live in Sarajevo the capital of Bosnia
i can say that until a year and a half ago this city was pieceful
but after some time things became ****ty
minors started stabing each others and a minor burned a older lady
after that it just kept going on further and further
the latest event that took place was the stabbing of a US citizen in the downtown

ArmoredGames2012
ArmoredGames2012
2 posts
Shepherd

Here at Arizona it's actually safe but the problem is vehicle theft. Though I don't know personally anyone who that happen to.

Showing 61-75 of 76