ForumsThe TavernHow safe is your City/Community?

76 14126
Snowe
Snowe
15 posts
Nomad

Just interested to see what some people have to say.

I live in Moscow, and apparently we have one of the highest murder rates per 100,000 people in the world, but i really dont see it, ive never been robbed or assaulted, the only thing you need here is a spine and youll be completely fine, if you walk looking as small as you can and scared though id steer clear from many parts of the city... Sure it has its dangers but what major city dosent?

• 76 Replies
notaguitarhero
notaguitarhero
337 posts
Nomad

Well. I lived in the Ghetto for a year or two in Georgia. Rossville, and was two houses down from were "Black Bottom (Racist Term for the section, figure it out)" And Chattanooga which was about a mile from where I lived is kind of known as the meth capital of the world. I also lived in Little Rock which is more dangerous than Chattanooga,
Remeber than Anne Pressly reporter who got too deep into a certain drug deal in Little Rock? Yeah, she was brutally beaten, *****, then killed. So that place wasn't too safe either. They would go after people who the public knew and loved.
But now, I live in Wasilla Alaska, and the worst we have is Sarah Palin.

imho
imho
29 posts
Scribe

Snowe, the most dangerous city is St.-Petersburg. Because "sosuli" (ÑоÑÑли http://www.fontanka.ru/2010/12/17/049/) is only in our city and they are not present anywhere all over the world. Only Russians will understand this.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

My town experiances about one murder once every two years and I haven't heard of a rap-e ever. You hear of about three break-ins a year, and there has only been one arsony in the last ten years. Out DUI rate is really high though...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, considering I live very close to the border of Mexico... we have some dangerous moments. But I did read in an article that Sugarland, TX was one of the safest places in the US. It is a few hours from me.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I like how it is called Sugarland and considered one of the safest places :P

My community has a heavy ghetto area. As such, some areas you shouldn't walk alone, lest you become the target of a gang member. There was this story that was once scary, but now that we look back on it, kinda funny. Anyway, while our community is very dirty, it is also dangerous if you walk in the wrong areas.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

And we say city names very differently from the way they are spelled, here in Texas. Few examples:

Sugarland = Sugalend

Houston = Uston

Refugio = Refurio

Manchacha = Man-chak

Buda = Bu-duh , not Boo-duh like every outsider likes to say.

Sorry for the off-topicness.

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
912 posts
Shepherd

i live in Puerto Rico were the crime rate/drug problem is of the charts. but the area were i live is one of the safest neighboorhoods in all of Puerto Rico.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I live in Tampa, Florida and besides more then half of the city looking like a slum (the outsides, the insides are well maintained), it's relatively safe. Lots of bad drives and quite a few gangs. In other words, I wouldn't walk down the street at night.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I live in Edmonton, Alberta and my community is pretty safe, like I could walk around at 2:00 am and be fine. It is pretty clean and in my neighborhood there has not been a crime in 3 years. I mean lots of people are around at 1:00 am. People walk there dogs at 5:00 in the morning and kids are walking around before dawn if it is not raining. In other words it is pretty safe.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Yep yep there we go. #52, Terre Haute IN. #52 most dangerous city in the U.S.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

Lots of bad drivers

I'm pretty sure my post was deleted because of double posting, but I think it should be alright now. These links are very informative.

My city, Tampa, ranks #37 on the Most Dangerous List. How does your city rank up? If you see your city name, click on it, it has some pretty interesting information.

Top 100 Safest Cities In The US
Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities In The US
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

...wow Richmond got knocked of the list, used to be #3 with a murder rate six times the national average. Looks like the step up in police helped quite a bit.

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

im not sure lol i just moved to another city very recently so im not to sure but i dont trust my neighborhood for some reason

kervile
kervile
123 posts
Nomad

i live in fillmore IN. it safe since it a small.

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

I live about an hour away from Chicago and where i live i never see any crime, except for a couple times warnings went out for criminals on the loose near my town.

Showing 31-45 of 76