ForumsThe TavernMillion Dollar Button

180 26239
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.

How many times would i press it? hehehehe...

All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

• 180 Replies
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

That statement self-negates. How can you thank God if you don't acknowledge or believe in Him?
That is why it is funny.
Even without God, this makes you a mass murderer.

He already said he doesn't care because he doesn't value human life, so this means nothing to him.
I wouldn't go with the trouble seeing as it would probably be an old man or woman, or some criminal or just a plain mean person.

That is the thing, most people in the world are young and not criminals.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Even without God, this makes you a mass murderer.

I suppose nobody would know but i think I pressed it twice. And start à company which profit would go to charity.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would press it once. Thousands of people die every day. Adding one more to the list isn't going to change all that much.

Besides, a million dollars should be enough for me to get by for a while.

'd press it 100 times so i'd have close to a billion dollars then i'd be set then press it another hundred times when i run out

You'd have a billion dollars if you pressed it 1000 times. 100 times gives you 100 million dollars.
fritomaster
fritomaster
117 posts
Nomad

How long do I have this button? If I have it my entire life then I would save it until I needed it badly. If the one time I get it is the only time I'd press it twice. I mean I know people are saying they would only do it if family wasn't at risk but there is a 20 in billion chance of them getting killed. It would not mean much to me to press it a couple times.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

You'd have a billion dollars if you pressed it 1000 times. 100 times gives you 100 million dollars.

ok so i'm bad at math, what else

and doesn't mean they don't have to be a criminal to be, sorry, a plain ****
jstevensgt
jstevensgt
108 posts
Nomad

id press it till my hand cramped, take a break and press it some more... then hire someone to press it all day everyday... then i would buy the universe

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I might never press it. Is it a special button? Are there none like it? If so I might wait until I had enough extra money to encase it in a air sealed box, then put it in a safe and go to a construction site that is covering a hole in cement. Then I would drop it in.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

once and then i'd buy someone to keep pressing it for me

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

i forgot to say, id also ask if i can click the button more than once for more money?

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

then i'd buy someone to keep pressing it for me

how would that be a useful way of spending your money?
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I would never press it. While there's a chance that I would end an already misreable life. There is a also a good chance that I would end someone who is leading a good life. I just can't risk ending someone elses life in the attempt to make mine better. To me that seems a little selfish.

Chake1
Chake1
51 posts
Nomad

press it ten times, use half for healing cancer, which could save millions, and the other half to do WHATEVER THE HECK I WANT!

Chake1
Chake1
51 posts
Nomad

also, this was from the movie "The Box" i saw it already, its not really all that good

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

once and then i'd buy someone to keep pressing it for me

This isn't the smaretst idea, since leaving the presing of the button to someone else means you're becoming a potential victim. Of course probabilities are low, but still...
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

This isn't the smaretst idea, since leaving the presing of the button to someone else means you're becoming a potential victim. Of course probabilities are low, but still...

I think you're a potential victim even if you are pressing the button, and giving it to someone else won't change the probability. However, it is dumb because you won't be getting the money.
Showing 136-150 of 180