ForumsThe TavernMillion Dollar Button

180 26242
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.

How many times would i press it? hehehehe...

All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

• 180 Replies
midgetman
midgetman
36 posts
Nomad

id press it untill someone stopped me, yeah im that greedy and what if kiled only people i dont like, that would even better

LEAPretard
LEAPretard
1,328 posts
Nomad

None, how could i know i killed someone for money?

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

I don't think I would press it. Unless I had to for some reason. It just isn't right to take someone's life away for your greed.

BluePortal
BluePortal
69 posts
Nomad

Would never press it.

EVAR!

Why?

Because humans made the object you will receive for your money.

And the fact that you killed someone innocent is too much weight on my shoulders.

I would be very skeptic about it and probably try to convince myself but I hope I never press it.

DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

I don't care. I'm quite evil in my moral compass. Other human lives would be collateral damage. Humans are going to waste their life nowadays, I'm enjoying mine and killing the dumb people.
I'D PRESS IT SO MANY TIMES IT'LL BREAK!

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

I would press it once or twice. Who really needs more then 10 million dollars if you don't own a special company. At the expense of 2 random lives out of billions, it is not a huge impact to the human population. But if people were really into saving people over money, then press it to donate money to hospitals for cancer or Africa to feed the homeless. That's like 10 people killed, to save thousands.
And guys don't argue over people who have a greedy personality. They're OPINIONS! Not everyone has the same opinion as you. Some people might say I'll press it a million times because I want to be rich even if I kill a million people, still worth it That is their opinion. Of course this will never happen. This is hypothetical
I love this thread idea. It's very smart.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

My family didn't suffer from bad economy, they aren't poor, and we healthy and safe, and have everything we need.
Why should I even press it?

TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

My family didn't suffer from bad economy, they aren't poor, and we healthy and safe, and have everything we need.
Why should I even press it?

Maybe you can sacrifice one life, and donate one million dollars to a charity or a hospital to save millions of lives But of course that is your opinion. Some people don't have the heart to even kill people even if it ment it could save thousands.
eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

I would only press it if i really needed to, like i was livivg on the streets , or a family member was really ill or something like that

Your more likely to get hit by a flying cow than kill someone you know or care about I say.

True and people die all the time anyway so ...
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

That's a very tough question... I would most likely almost never hit it, unless someone close to me was in diar need. Family first... However, the button may end up killing one of my family, too.

In general, I'd avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

It depends on how the random person dies. If it's a "humane" way, I would do it. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Also, there is a 1 in over 6 billion chance of killing myself, but that wouldn't affect my decision. Also, pressing such a button could be considered a crime since it kills someone. As a result, I would only do it once, then throw the button away.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

I would press it only if I desperately needed to.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Technically, if you think about it, though it isn't very probable, there is a chance that you may kill someone you know - or even yourself. Hey, at least you'd die rich.

I already said the chances of killing yourself are only 1 in over 6 billion. Therefore, I would not even consider that possibility.
DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,761 posts
Nomad

If this is to be the exact plot of the box, here's how it goes: Your presented with the button, and asked to press it. They tell you what happens if you do it. The person that dies will be some one you dont know. If you didnt know your neighbor next door, it could be them that dies. The catch they dont tell you? Once you press it, they take it and deliver it to some one you dont know. If they press it, you die. Its alway's the last person to have pressed the button die's. But you dont know that. This was the plot for a twilight zone episode, which was turned into this movie. Which was eventully some kind of alien invasion, and this was a test to see if humanity was worthy or something, and whatever else the directorys came up with. I Would give into greed and press it, probley. If my parents didnt stop me, or if i wasnt in the precence of a bible or such.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Press it once, donate half to charities, do that every month. Hear me out. There are millions of criminals in the world, many others that are plain jerks, and let's face it lots of us die of plain stupidity. I have no problem pressing it a few times and using half for good. People die every 7 seconds. I have no guilt if my money saves more lives than it kills.

Showing 106-120 of 180