ForumsThe TavernMillion Dollar Button

180 26234
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.

How many times would i press it? hehehehe...

All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

• 180 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

One half dead person = one full zombie
You've just made it worse.

That problem would only occur if the person was infected to be a zombie.

more than one way

A person can be cut in half vertically, horizontally, or in any other direction.
calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

If I needed the money concerning an aquaintance or family member in critical condition I'd press it but other than that not likely. Ok, maybe once or twice, MAYBE. The chances of getting someone I know are very slim so I wouldn't lose anybody but that's thinking only about myself. The person brought to death could have already been at death's door anyways so that person was most likely gonna die even if i didn't press the button. But I'd try at all costs to keep myself away from the button, it's EVIL!!

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

Firstly, I'd like to clarify that there is NO SUCH THING as an original movie from modern times. They're always based off a book, a historical event, etc.

As for the button? I'd press it as many times as I pleased.
Morals and threats of eternal hellfire aren't really going to bug me if I get infinite tons of money in return. Besides, Hell will be bankrupt(somebody has to when infinite money is involved)when I'm done with the button.

savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

I would never press it because that random human could be me.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Morals and threats of eternal hellfire aren't really going to bug me if I get infinite tons of money in return. Besides, Hell will be bankrupt(somebody has to when infinite money is involved)when I'm done with the button.

But you can't take it with you, so you'd be flat broke with no hope of ever getting any more money, which would just add to the tortures of the Hell.
Besides, having all that money on Earth would cause hyperinflation, making it worthless anyway. So all you would end up doing is killing people and destroying the few economies in the world that still have some vestige of functionality.
Senben9
Senben9
21 posts
Nomad

Difficult question I might do it if it was an old person that died and give 50% to the poor

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Eh, I don't want to press it, I would rather make the button kill people I target. You'd get more than 1mil to kill some people.
But this is only if I really needed the money for something to save something important to me.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

There is 7 billion people in the world, and it won't make much of a difference if one random person died that you wouldn't know, so I would probably press it, besides people suicide every day and already ruin their families lives so the button won't make much of a difference

Showing 166-173 of 180