ForumsThe TavernMillion Dollar Button

180 26235
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.

How many times would i press it? hehehehe...

All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

• 180 Replies
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

Even in a hypothetical scenario, there is one factor you all have ignored. Pushing the button would guarantee you a spot in Hades (the place, not the expletive) because doing so would mean you are playing God with other people.
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Even in a hypothetical scenario, there is one factor you all have ignored. Pushing the button would guarantee you a spot in Hades (the place, not the expletive) because doing so would mean you are playing God with other people.

thank god i'm an atheist

i'd press it 100 times so i'd have close to a billion dollars then i'd be set then press it another hundred times when i run out, yeh i can live with the deaths i mean if i knew them maybe not
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

thank god i'm an atheist

Agreed.
i'd press it 100 times so i'd have close to a billion dollars then i'd be set then press it another hundred times when i run out, yeh i can live with the deaths i mean if i knew them maybe not

Bit harsh don't ya think?

Hmm, I don't think I would press the button. If I did press the button I would have to donate the money to the less fortunate. If I could choose who I could kill I would for sure, then just give the money away and keep what was only necessary for my survival.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

its one of those things where I know I would press it once, and then I wouldnt be able to stop pressing it.

its just like going to vegas, except instead of using money, youre betting with random people.

wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

its just like going to vegas, except instead of using money, youre betting with random people

It is exactly like that, except with much, much better odds of not killing some one you know.
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

no i hate this movie... its stupid... and no i didnt read the fisrt post or an of them...

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

no i hate this movie... its stupid... and no i didnt read the fisrt post or an of them...

Well it's a good thing you didn't, because if you did, you would have realized that this thread had nothing to do with a movie, so we're all lucky you didn't read it.
xmmxpert
xmmxpert
17 posts
Nomad

I would find out who loses a life when you press it and track down said person.
Once the person is very near death or dying,i would press the button.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

I would find out who loses a life when you press it and track down said person.
Once the person is very near death or dying,i would press the button.

thats the thing you WOULDN'T know who is dying
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well I saw the entire Movie and if it were to happen exactly like the Movie then no I wouldn't. If that were not the case then yes I would do until my finger broke. I don't put much value in a human life so there is my reason for those who were wondering.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Well I saw the entire Movie and if it were to happen exactly like the Movie then no I wouldn't. If that were not the case then yes I would do until my finger broke. I don't put much value in a human life so there is my reason for those who were wondering.

winner winner chicken dinner

i see all the posts with "i couldn't live with it" or "i'd track down who died and comfort them"

i wouldn't go with the trouble seeing as it would probably be an old man or woman, or some criminal or just a plain mean person.

my reason i'd just keep pressing it
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

thank god i'm an atheist

That statement self-negates. How can you thank God if you don't acknowledge or believe in Him?

Even without God, this makes you a mass murderer. And the inflation you just caused makes all that money worthless anyway.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

I would press it twice. give half of one to charity, and then a quarter on the lottery to get more money, and then have the rest to myself and family. as long as i didn't kill one of my family.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Pushing the button would guarantee you a spot in Hades (the place, not the expletive) because doing so would mean you are playing God with other people.

Hades in greek mythology is the place where everyone goes anyway, except the most heroic or most terrible ones (they go to Elyseum or Tartarus respectively).
.. just sayin' ^^

That statement self-negates. How can you thank God if you don't acknowledge or believe in Him?

I just happen to think that was a pun...

And the inflation you just caused makes all that money worthless anyway.

There's only an inflation if he uses the money brainlessly. You don't have to flood the world with your money, then you're not causing an inflation. But you're right, a few million dollars are spent rather fast...^^
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I swear I saw this in a movie. It was based off of a book, but still.
I think the antagonist said something along the lines of this about the button: 'Unless humanity learns to put the needs of all humans before their own, they will go extinct, and my employers will gladly help that process along.'

Showing 121-135 of 180