The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 803892
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

It's great that you took the time to read our posts John
I'm glad that the double jump will be in as well.
But I was wondering, do you plan on allowing games with more than just five runners, since the game should have less lag?

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Hey john will there be enemies that try to stop you from getting out?

Enemies in Exit Path are you, yourself, buzzsaws, and the unseen totalitarian power that governs you. I don't see a place for moving enemies beyond sharp things and your own dexterous mistakes.

Do you plan on allowing games with more than just five runners, since the game should have less lag??

Lag was not caused so much by runner count but by hosts with slow connections (or no connection for that matter) and slow computers that can't keep up. I'm trying my darndest to optimize the code that runs on your side to keep your game happy while keeping competitors happy as well. Currently Exit Path 2 runs well if you can manage above 25 fps (of 30 fps max) and will run manageable at 20 fps+. Anything below that I'm still working on.

Runner count is currently at six, this might change.
Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

@John:
am actually glad that you wanna keep double jumps in this game and even add some nice details like the delayed jump off. It added variety to a simple game system and made it hard to master. Love it!

Question: are you planning to add flow using diversity, means your velocity depends on the amount of used flow (like how much is gonna be used, or how fast the player taps the flow button)?
I notice'd there is some sort of maximum velocity in EP 1 you can reach and keep through tapping flow and jumping. Also its been no difference if you flow like 3man long or half your flowbar...

Also I have seen some diagonal wall bouncers. Do you mind to give a view of what new obstacles may gonna be included?

thx in advance

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Hey John, for the uniplayer in EP2, is there going to be new stuff and are there going to be more maps and longer maps for multiplayer? And I would also like to see new obstacles like FaithPath said. I'll be waiting. Thanks.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

Oh, and when do you think that EP2 will be ready to play?

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

@FaithPath Flow is staged in two levels now with a timeout (no more spamming flow forever). If you are in first stage (normal flow) you'll uncap your velocity while flowing. However if you reach second stage flow you'll be even more uncapped and be able to burn your entire flowbar at the faster pace. It will definitely be a huge reward if you can manage the speed.

Many obstacles will make a repeat but there will be a few new additions. My new favourite is the firepole which will allow sliding downward as well as jumping from pole-to-pole. Hit a springboard and you can ride the firepole upwards and swing to a higher level.

Expect many more ways to die too!

rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

hey john, wut do u think the fastest possible single player time for ep2 will be, thanx

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

My new favourite is the firepole which will allow sliding downward as well as jumping from pole-to-pole.
Nice... Can't wait for it.

Secret new obsession: Parkour.
Secret Can't-Wait-For-It-Because-It's-Related-To-My-Obsession: Exit Path 2.

Nice to see you fixed your Armatar John.
rawwr123
rawwr123
288 posts
Nomad

also, will it be possible to double jump after being on a firepole?

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

I do not know the fastest time for Uniplayer yet. Uniplayer campaign is 38 (+/- 4) levels.

My armatar broke, no clue why!

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Didn't you hear? AG was out last night and everything was screwed up. There are two threads on it in the S&S forum for more info. Mine was messed up too.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

John, I'm not sure if you are still on, but if you are, please answer!
As far as things like stages are concerned, how many multi-player stages will there be? Also, how many stages for Uni-player will there be?
Lastly, will you add lasers to the multi-player? You didn't add them in the original, so I'm wondering if you'll add it for Exit path 2.
Thank you(if you answered)

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

So John, I have a question: In EP2 Multiplayer, do you plan on having private rooms? If you're still on, thanks!

And I still haven't sent out Beta emails, I'm trying to get as much done as possible before sending emails.

Big stress relief for me.
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

do not know the fastest time for Uniplayer yet

That time will be my time. Thats right ghosts IM CIMIN BACK 4 EP2 SO BE READY
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

@Zultimategamer2000 Lasers didn't exist in multiplayer because I was worried that lasers chasing one player would effect the gameplay of others and it was too much of a threat to the gameplay (some player could just spend the entire time trying to shoot lasers at people). So I never really got around to figuring out how to do them, so I nixed them. I might add lasers to this version and have them not chase anyone but you on your screen (the lasers would not be shared among the same players).

Multiplayer is currently looking like 40-50 stages + 10-20 legacy stages from Exit Path 1.

@Legion1350 there will be private rooms.

Showing 1381-1395 of 2838