The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 803879
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
HulkLogan
HulkLogan
158 posts
Nomad

Sorry to be late on responses, but i read over the updates on each page. I am impressed with the second chance jump and with the fact u will keep double jump. I hope to hear moar about beta invites if this week or next week will not work.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

I am impressed with the second chance jump
Wait a minute, the second chance jump was if you jump on a bumper, you get to jump again?
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Here's how jumping works:

http://i.imgur.com/jc6aW.jpg

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

So you will be able to jump again in air without flow?
Nice though, with the "glitch" we will do a fourfold jump. :P

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

The game uses TileEngine v3, a completely rewritten tileEngine. The haxor jumping method is gone.

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Uff. So many changes. :/
Have to skill up my skills in another way. D:<

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

A newer scripting software? Excellent. Newer is always better. If only we could temporarily remove Colony and update it with newer hacker-catching software... Oh, how I'd love to rewrite that! Anyways, I gotta say excellent job for repelling hackers from Exit Path multiplayer, although there is occasionally an amazing hacker who gets in...

Nutcase7979
Nutcase7979
10 posts
Nomad

I like Black and Light Green and top hat and sword no lag, a really good game played it many many times.

Nutcase.

Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

So now you can jump twice without hitting the corner of the block or jumping in some parts of levels with good timing? Sweetness.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've read the previous pages from where I last posted, and it's good to read these things from John himself. Well, I hope invites will be coming out soon. From what I've read, this sounds like it's going to be an awesome flash game.

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

@John, what a lovely (random) lobster (shrimp?).
But I do have a question about the image you posted above. None of these are the standard corner or flow-wall double jumps we have seen in exit path 1. So, no matter where we are in the game, we will be able to jump twice in midair? I must admit, this opens up a whole new realm of possibilities, although it will lose some of the finesse necessary to do tricks and some of the shortcuts.
However, (another question) are you building shortcuts into the game, as well? I mean, many of the shortcuts in EP1 seemed designed with certain techniques in mind (e.g., the Lunge wall double). Any indication if there will there be more/varied shortcuts in EP2?
-Est

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

@CDE Thanks, it's a shrimp.

There will be plenty of opportunity for finesse in this game, one thing I wish there was more of in EP1 was variation in course so you could take huge risks but possibly get megarewarded for it. Also there's another move I haven't even mentioned yet that's getting added to Exit Path man's arsenal of tricks.

And I always hate to admit these things but players taking advantage of the EP1-Double Jump was a bug in TileEngine v2. It never got fixed but when I went to fix it players asked me to keep it because they loved it so much... so I kept it around. I feel I'm mitigating that bug by just flat-out offering it as a double jump in EP2, and I'm looking at other ways to give advanced players a great experience (things like EP1-Double Jump, this time on purpose :P).

Hilarious, but okay.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

Here's the first screenshot of Uniplayer on Exit Path 2:

http://jmtb02.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/exitpath2-teaser.jpg

gamerj011
gamerj011
1 posts
Nomad

Are there any new customization parts we'll get for earning Flair? I'd also like to see some of the old parts too. I like holding guns while running/racing for my life. It makes me feel dangerous.

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

John, I don't know how much u followed vidz so I just go ahead and post 2 of those highly risky and time safing routes. Gonna be interesting for me how its gonna pan out for EP2 in the way you mentioned it...

Showing 1411-1425 of 2838