The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesGeneral Exit Path 1&2 Discussion

2838 803881
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Welcome all Exit Pathers! This is a designated topic to have all types of convos about Exit Path. One of the purposes of this topic is to keep all conversational-type comments away from the game comments and have them here.

Pass the word around!

Thanks guys

• 2,838 Replies
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

Question: In private rooms, will we be allowed to choose a specific track to play on and decide when the game starts?

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

Ok, Faith just told me this happened, and now I'm bawling my eyes out that I missed it :'( I must say, I am well chuffed that you seem to be listening to player feedback Also, though, I'm really excited to see the new gameplay options. One thing that I thought of related to Malk's question above is: sometimes when I play a really short map, like lunge, wait 15 seconds for the rest of the players, and then have to wait in a 25 second lobby for another short map like jumper, then 15 seconds, then back to 25 second lobby, I get a bit... well, edgy. Is there any new means for lessening the time between maps? Setting up a quick-play method or something? Maybe a no-lobby system for certain rooms, or a "ready button" for when players are ready and need not wait the full 25 secs.

John
John
344 posts
Nomad

@Malkoir I have not built level-choosing in, and I am unsure if I will. I will need to think about it, or how I would do it. Some people want to chill with their friends for a few matches and some want to be very finite in what they play... so I'll need to figure out how to please both parties.

@CDE Implementing an "everyone ready" button would be nice. The time is also there to help you distribute kudos and such, so I would hate to rush new players but at the same time I understand you want to play the game.

And some people's timers tick soooooo slow for some reason . Silly host issues.

ClaudioDeusEst
ClaudioDeusEst
68 posts
Nomad

@John, yes, exactly. My thoughts were: If I'm in a room with Faith, Pain, and Darwin, and we're in race mode, we lose some momentum in the lobby =/ But it would be great to have something where we can choose to keep it up, rather than wait the full 25 sec. But i also recognize the possibility that some people will want to go on, and one person in the room doesn't, thus creating an opportunity for... well, people's not-so-friendly side to show.

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

I love every level in Exit Path. Yes I know it sounds incredibly cheesy, but it's the truth. I love every level just as much as the game.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

or a "ready button"
This is what is used in the game called "Shell Shock Live", and it's pretty good, is this where you came the idea from or it just popped up in your head?
I love every level in Exit Path
I do too :P. But sometimes I get a bit laggy at some levels like treadmillvania, or zipper and I think it's because of the belts :P.
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

one question if u answer...will there be custom made levels?

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

will there be custom made levels
You mean like a map editor? Yeah, people are looking forward to that, but idk if John will add it, it's up to him.
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

I thought he had a post somewhere that listed the things he plans to do? Maybe I was dreaming XD.

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

I thought he had a post somewhere that listed the things he plans to do?
Well, I think he'll update that in his site jmtb02.com
John
John
344 posts
Nomad

I mentioned in another thread that I have no plans to include a level editor, for a few reasons. I am all about giving the users the best experience they could possibly ever have. Level editors are fun but users will go out of their way to make terrible levels and I worry it's going to ruin user experience. I am not ready to build both a moderation system and a level editor, which both will take at least an additional 4 weeks to do and would need even more weeks of stress-testing. I've got so much to do with multiplayer, uniplayer, and everything in-between that a level editor is the last thing on my mind at this point.

GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

I think 40-50 levels is plenty anyway. Have you thought about putting EP on a console John?

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

[...]Level editors are fun but users will go out of their way to make terrible levels and I worry it's going to ruin user experience[...]

signed. I dislike this side of the coin either. And I actually would buy EP if it were available out there. Just to support you as programmer for a game that gave me so many fun hours. And with a good amount of levels it could be considered a full game actually imo...
Salut!
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Whatever happened to Raz? I haven't seen him for at least 300 years.

Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

Have you thought about putting EP on a console John?

If I saw that at Target for PC I would totally buy it
Showing 1396-1410 of 2838