ForumsSupport ForumHigh Scores a little too high?

84 17780
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Is it just me or is some of the high scores people get on some of the games a little too high?

For Example:

Corporation INC: All time record on Hard: 8 Hours
All Time record on Medium: 1 Day 6 hours
All Time record on Easy: 2 days, 4 hours

I will admit that with cheats enabled in the game this may be feasable, but without them? 8 hours on hard in corporation INC?

A few more:

Solip Skier: 1,999,999,999

1,999,999,999??? What?

This is the Only level TOO (TITOLT): 00:00 for the first 155 people in All Time Scores

Epic Combo: All time original: 00:00
All time unlimited: 2,147,483,647 for the first 14 scores

I have played these games alot and used to take a little pride in my scores. But when people hack the game and post phony high scores it kinda frustrates me because i cant ever get close to being number 1. I am not the kinda guy who HAS to win all the time but it feels good once in a while to get up the ranks a little ways. I think that scores that seem phony or are phony should be removed and whoever posted it blocked. That way giving the other people a chance to win some high scores too! What do you guys think?

• 84 Replies
darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

A score of 10,735,821 in Man in Gap would take about 32,000,000 seconds, which in minute terms I'm not going to bother to find out. If my calculation thingys are correct, though, It would take well over a day, maybe a week.

ITheNormalPerson
ITheNormalPerson
731 posts
Nomad

and that's why its not impossible, just highly improbable, you see, if he sat on a toilet with a laptop plugged in, 2 weeks supply of food, odd sleeping disorder, then he could do it. lol.

63 posts
Farmer

A score of 10,735,821 in Man in Gap would take about 32,000,000 seconds

It would take 347 days of playing 24 hours a day to obtain that score. I'm going to go with...implausible.

Honestly I don't bother to submit my score on any game, you never have a chance to get above the hackers.
tuc12509
tuc12509
13 posts
Nomad

Hackers take the fun out of competitive games.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I personally, would rather not scroll down through 50 pages of high scores to get to my score. I think we should get the administrators of armor games attention and ask them what they are maybe planning to do about this.

Yorgi
Yorgi
24 posts
Nomad

I have a proposal, try to put in the system, that you automaticaly land on the place of your own score. Hope that's possible.

Gr, Yorgi

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

It would take 347 days of playing 24 hours a day to obtain that score.

Seeing as Man in Gap has not been out for 347 days, I think we can safely assume that that person was hacking.
jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

I don't believe the scores you are referring to in Man in Gap and Click Play 3 are even still up.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

Oh good the ones in Man in Gap are gone!

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

There has to be some way to prevent these things from happening. I'm willing to put money on that.

There is a way, it never stays that way tho. Have you ever looked at most games with high scores on xbox? Cheaters get everywhere. Thats why I only look between my friends. Geometry wars 1 + 2 didnt have cheats tho. Thor is awsome

You can always go to GetSatisfaction to report specific games you have in mind: When you report here, it is directly seen by the staff of AG and is usually handled quicker.

I may do that when/if it bugs me enough, which it sometimes does.

I don't believe the scores you are referring to in Man in Gap and Click Play 3 are even still up.

Keep up the good work, chasing down hacked scores does not sound like fun
ITheNormalPerson
ITheNormalPerson
731 posts
Nomad

I only want to know one thing, why hack? if your score is 00:00 I know you hacked, so no ones respect is raised from you hacking. Or is it just to bug people? I have no clue what they have in there mind. I just don't get it... I'll ponder some more, viewing the depths of my mind for the answer to our problem...

letgodsortthem
letgodsortthem
84 posts
Scribe

People who cheat are small. Small in intellect. Small in character.

And I would love to say that cheaters never prosper, but it is obvious that there is SOME sort of secondary gain out there. But seriously? hacking a free gaming website? Where's the gain in that? Can't sell it, eat it, or drive it.

shadowgunz21
shadowgunz21
28 posts
Peasant

Man In Gap has a impossible highscore too

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The hackers just need to be stopped! Thats the bottom line! I don't enjoy the games anymore if i cant get a high score. Its frustrating!

braheehinny
braheehinny
39 posts
Nomad

I hate how that happens. I like mrtim's idea though.

Showing 16-30 of 84