ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44600
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
Kai327
Kai327
10 posts
Nomad

Okay... um. Im sorry that this happens to you, Shinigamisama because it happens to me often with my racial background(Asian) and whether people joke about it or not, the stereotype is always there and some people just don't acknowledge it as loudly as others. Maybe the case of race isn't as important as religion but I mean its happened to me before and well... I'm not sure if it feels the same way but it feels kinda weird/bad.

BTW--I admire that you said not all Christians do that because it shows that you've learned something...unlike many other people

Kai327
Kai327
10 posts
Nomad

I think that alotta time society attaches certain values or virtues with something. For example, people may say that since you're an atheist, you don't have whatever values are attributed to whatever religion is trying to convert you like Christian love or whatever it is. Even in any other product in society. People are stereotyped by what they wear or their skin color (red/yellow/white/brown/black) and then people will assign virtues (or lack of) to each person.

Society screws people over sometimes if they're not careful....

I just try to disengage from it and think for myself. If I let other people think too much for me, then its a waste of whatever innate talent I may have inside.

Society is often wrong on so many levels... whether it be race, religion, economic status, etc.

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

This is the thing: members of the majority do not know how members of the minority take things. Often people who are members of one minority group will complain about discrimination, while discriminating against another minority group. Indeed there have been many cases of people who complain that they are being discriminated against for economic status are discriminating against another person for religion, or as you said, race. This is why I feel it is important to realize that racial segregation, sectarian segregation, and socio-economic segregation are all the exact same, and that many people feel the effects of one while unknowingly causing another. The complicated system of assigning virtues based on Religion, Race, and Economic class effects everyone in the same way, just for different reasons.

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

Also I lol'd at the word filter.

meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

well some time some cristians came to my hosue and wanted my grandma to be a christian i think shes caltholic christian or something i dont remember anyway i want to kill those guys why cant they lets the world be?

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

because they think they will be blessed and be close to god when they die so they want to be with god and jesus

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

BTW: ima christian catholic

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

one thing i found out on the internet is that mormons go door to door trying to convert ppl and will not take no for an answer, i saw a wierd but funny vid about this guy going to a mormons house trying to convert them to christianity (for laughs) they got mad... BIG TIME

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

And so do/did catholics, protestants, baptists etc.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

sometime in school, I was working on last minute math hmwk, and I couldnt believe my biased peers! some dumbass was talking to a friend of his, and I managed to catch a line or two. The girl liked some dude and was telling the dumbass about it, when he abruptly told her that she shouldnt be interested in him because he is an atheist! Religion is one more thing to make people more individual (as all groups and traits do), but there is much bias from what I have observed. Pride is astonishing!

italnerd
italnerd
25 posts
Nomad

I argree with all other christians on this site the world could end at any time we must be ready we are in the end times

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit blunt, but Christians have been predicting the apocalypse for hundreds of years.

Falerix
Falerix
47 posts
Nomad

I wish could quote Shini, but it's true. It's pure bullcrap.

What happened on June 6th, in 2006? Nothing.
What happened on Year 666? We're still here.

meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

yup

Falerix
Falerix
47 posts
Nomad

Lol, SPAM ham time.

Showing 31-45 of 239