ForumsWEPRstrnadge thing about christianity

239 44601
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

the thing that it says if someone slaps you you give them another cheek to slap..but why do christians kill other relegions and themselves if they belive this?

• 239 Replies
meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

hmm amkes scence

fride76
fride76
93 posts
Nomad

How do you think we got here sisu?and check this forum every few minutes,i would like 2 talk

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Ugh...I have religous forums, and BESIDEs it's Cristmas eve the Ultimate cristan holiday so give them some slack

DannyAG
DannyAG
229 posts
Shepherd

People killing other people in the name of God has nothing to do with God and everything to do with sinful made. Don't fault a religion for the mistakes of people. People are sinful, God is not.

meman
meman
275 posts
Nomad

guess your right

fride76
fride76
93 posts
Nomad

we r hypocrites

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

God: Comprehensibility FTW. And stop double posting.

dr_peace
dr_peace
304 posts
Nomad

Take McNeely's word, and end it. The Crusades weren't really about religion, they were about power. Our country's first amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

This was born from the Crusades.

mariojr89
mariojr89
9 posts
Nomad

the crusades started because turks took over palestine and wouldnt let christians visit on their pilgrimage.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

people are saying were hypocrytes, well were not. those who kill in the name of god are extremists nothing more

all without faith in him will die at the end of the world anyway

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

Zombieslayer: And yet we do not suffer for the actions of our "Extremists," and the Muslim countries do. The thinly veiled influence of religion upon our government is no less obvious than that of many middle eastern countries. The reason is this: we are the elite. If we were not, and the Muslims were, I would be interested to see where you and your fellow "Holier than thou" type people found themselves.

warmech711
warmech711
89 posts
Nomad

why cant christianity be considered an extremeist religon? they judje others

Kai327
Kai327
10 posts
Nomad

Hey just curious here guys... What religion are you? cause I cant help but think that theres alotta bias here =D I dun mind a clean discussion about this topic, but Im just curious

(BTW Im Roman Catholic)

Kai327
Kai327
10 posts
Nomad

How does Christianity judge others? It doesn't say like MUslims are worse and Jews are too

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

For purposes of full disclosure, I'm an atheist.
No normal Christian outright declares that Atheism, Islam and Judaism are unequal, but I learned long ago that most consider themselves elevated above those. During the time I was in grade school, I ran into no less than ten people who tried to convert me. I had several experiences where people came up to me, when I was talking to a Jewish friend of mine, and asked me "Is it true you're an atheist?" and then when (s)he found out the person I was talking to was a Jew, said "Well that's okay because Jesus was a Jew," or things to that effect. Adults often do the same thing, but on a different level. They simply imply their superiority by grouping, whether consciously or subconsciously, all members of a religion in with their extremists, while completely distancing themselves from any Christian wackjob who pops up. They also imply it on a subtler levels, by responding differently to Christians and others committing crimes. I am not saying all Christians do this, but in my experience, most do.

Showing 16-30 of 239