The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernZipupz automatic zippers

109 13303
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I have just copyrighted an idea for invention convention ( like a science fair where you have to invent a product). My idea is an automatic zipper. I have all the technology worked out and I just need to know if anyone would actually buy it and what price would be a good idea.

• 109 Replies
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

by the way, please refrain from mentioning ... things. I may use a few of these comments in my project. Thanks

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Just as another question...is it battery powered or something? I definitely wouldn't use it if I had to replace the batteries in it very often.

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

i wouldnt buy it as for the fact its not hard to zip up your pants it takes one second if that but it would be good for people who forget to zip em up after peeing i would suggest making them 5 to 10 bucks if you acctually made it and if it sells well i would make less of them and raise the price even have the zippers in different colors (if possible lol)

GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

umm would be like one of those infomercils because i hate those and i dont want another shamwow guy bu i guess if it was a backpack zipper i would buy and i have some problems to zip up my pant zipper before which caused some unwanted problems so guess if it zipped up atoumaticlly if it some how magiclly knew when you where done going to the bathroom

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

I would never use it. It is just easier to zip things up my self, plus I can't imagine something small enough to not be a hassle to attach to clothes in the first place.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

If you make them remote-controlled, make every remote work with every zipper, and sell the remotes separately I'd consider buying a remote.

But really, assuming you meant zippers on pants, would that mean you'd walk around with some sort of device hanging on your pants? That'd be uncomfortable, no matter how small it is. The device, that is.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

the device is built into the zipper. Our prototype is on a pair of boots, so it's meant to prevent bending down to zip up your boots.(I know it's easy to zip something up, but you try to invent something)

theperson1996
theperson1996
164 posts
Peasant

i wouldn't trust it. what would happen if you accidentally caught your **** in it? OUCH!!!!

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

@theperson1996
I already mentioned that they do not get stuck due to my awesome scientific power (aren't I so very modest?)

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

it isn't magic, and we aren't selling these, unless a company will actually buy the idea, so maybe they'll be in stores

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Our prototype is on a pair of boots, so it's meant to prevent bending down to zip up your boots.

It could help people with injuries and limited movement?
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

@efan
that's good, thanks

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

(aren't I so very modest?)

Aren't I not so very non-unsarcastic?

I agree with Efan's idea. It seems automatic zipping wouldn't be all that helpful for normal people, especially unless the device doing so is brilliantly seamless.
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

The design is seamless, and actually we were thinking of just making boots/shoes with the automatic zippers, as opposed to pants, backpacks, etc.- however, if a company picks up our idea, we could expand the concept and put the zipper mechanism on other items. To be honest, we have no intention of actually selling our product- this is for a science fair project!

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are wondering about if the boot gets wet and destroys the mechanism, we are letting you know that we have a way of preventing this.

How does the zipper get activated? Through a foot sensor- search &quotower laces" up. The way our zip upz get activated is similar to the way in which power laces are laced up. Yes, there is a way to make the zipper zip down as well, using the foot sensor. No further comments on the matter.

Cost: The cost, believe it or not, is actually pretty cheap. The mechanism itself can cost $5-$7, however it's the boot itself that costs the most.

We're just asking if it actually would make it a bit more... convenient to zip up your shoes.

(I'm another group member by the way)

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

And one more thing, it is battery powered, and the battery will be located within an accessible compartment in the sole (you will rarely have to change batteries,the mechanism doesn't use too much power).

Showing 16-30 of 109