The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernZipupz automatic zippers

109 13300
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I have just copyrighted an idea for invention convention ( like a science fair where you have to invent a product). My idea is an automatic zipper. I have all the technology worked out and I just need to know if anyone would actually buy it and what price would be a good idea.

• 109 Replies
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

If the technology is down and you have it patented, It would be interesting to see. But it's already pretty easy to zip stuff up. It might look cool and could sell for novelty purposes, or the technology might have other unseen purposes.

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

honestly i would never buy something like that. First of all, it takes a second to zip stuff up yourself and what would happen if you washed it... wouldn't it be ruined

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

This would be a useful for people in wheelchairs for when they have to zip up a boot or something.
It seems like a good idea.
Good luck with your invention, would be cool to see in stores soon.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

Unable to bend down?
Now, zipups are in town,
Just pushing, it goes up or down,
No stuck zippers anymore,
Buy your zip up in stores.

Hope that can help you.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

thank you for your help and support. by the way, the design is waterproof, so the mechanism can't get wet

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
889 posts
Nomad

Would you be able to show us what they actually looked like?
I want to see if it looks like a rather decent invention, rather than just a heap of mechanism thrown about.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

all the mechanism is hidden, so it's just an ordinary zipper with an inch of padding

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

please SOMEBODY post or i will FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

well i wouldn't really have much use for it, but it can really sell with the elderly, back troubled, and lazy. If you can get it on cool sneakers you might be able to sell to teens too.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Hm, I expected it would be larger than an inch of padding. Seems like a good idea. I would probably spend... $2.99?

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

all the mechanism is hidden, so it's just an ordinary zipper with an inch of padding

That's a lot of padding not to mention what powers it? Having to replace batteries doesn't sound like fun. Seems like a re-hash of the automatic shoe tieing sneaker thing. But a lot less useful unless your aiming at a really small niche market.
jyoung88
jyoung88
84 posts
Nomad

I will buy it for $2 because what would happen if it was junk and you pay lots of $$

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

it will work perfectly, i can assure you. I just want to know the public's opinion about this. also, thanks for the songs and slogans. also, this probably won't go on sale unless there is a company who is actually going to buy this idea. We're pretty much stuck with this idea because we spent too much time telling ghost stories and talking about anime in science classes

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

please keep on posting and I will explain how our invention works in 3 weeks

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/rtms.ca/viewform?formkey=dFVTREJXcmpGYlhOVEZYSDZBZUlPT0E6MQ&theme=0AX42CRMsmRFbUy1hMWQ3Y2YyMC00ZjczLTQ1MjgtYm

this is a survey that I created. I'm not sure whether it works or not, but please tell me if you can't access it

Showing 46-60 of 109