The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernZipupz automatic zippers

109 13304
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I have just copyrighted an idea for invention convention ( like a science fair where you have to invent a product). My idea is an automatic zipper. I have all the technology worked out and I just need to know if anyone would actually buy it and what price would be a good idea.

• 109 Replies
sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

have you ever seen that movie, "something about mary" where ted is in the bathroom and has an "incident" that would be like a thousand times worse with an automatic zipper

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

I honestly wouldn't buy the product for more than a dollar or so. For normal people, it doesn't make sense, it is virtually effortless to zip a zipper.. It does seem to be an alright idea for those disabled or have limited motion like Efan said.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

It does seem to be an alright idea for those disabled or have limited motion like Efan said.

Many elderly people, for example, have problems reaching down that low. People who've hurt their backs, whether it's a permanent or temporary injury, would also benefit from it. That, and then there's those that would buy them to show off, just because it's new.

Though most of what I know about USA comes from Hollywood movies, one of the things that might actually be true is that you wear your shoes in your home. At least here in Sweden, and I'm sure in many other parts of the world, it's common to take your shoes off while in your home, and I'm sure that those who live here and have bad backs would be very grateful for a product like that, since they have to put on and take off their shoes every time they leave/come home.

And I'm sorry if I sounded negative in my last comment here, but when I first heard about automatic zippers, I just assumed it was on pants, and my first thought was about the risk that so many others pointed out. I can't really help you set a price since I'd personally never buy them separately.
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

thank you. PLEASE SOMEBODY COME UP WITH A SLOGAN!!!! I can't think of anything.
also, I apologize if my group member annoyed you with her extremely long review of this topic. she had trouble not writing tons.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Zipupz, just shut up and buy our product

Works on anything really. Don't like it? I'll try again.

Zipupz, for when you are incapable of dressing yourself.

No, that's not very good... You know what, you're probably better off asking someone else.

And about the length of the post, if you're trying to get our opinions on your product, we need to know a bit about the product, and really, that nowhere near "extremely long". It was barely just long.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Buy the super automatic all creative again automatic zipuuuuuuuupz todaaaaaaaay!!!

It has to have a certain tune, like

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duuh dug duh duh duh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh duuuh duuuuuuhhh

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Zipupz: Zip it up, without looking down.
Zipupz: When you gotta go, it's anything but slow.
Zipupz: For when you need to zip it, but just don't manage to grip it.

These are definitely better than my last ones.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I can picture a commercial for this.

You have two teens making out the guy activate his Zipupz and unzips his fly the girl uses hers and unzips a zipper on her top, Then her father almost walks in on them and they quickly zip everything back up. Then use whatever Slogan you have for it.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

You have two teens making out the guy activate his Zipupz and unzips his fly the girl uses hers and unzips a zipper on her top, Then her father almost walks in on them and they quickly zip everything back up. Then use whatever Slogan you have for it.

i can imagine another where a guy goes in the bathroom and after a zip sound he screams and runs out and then an ambulance siren starts to go off, then the slogan
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

Zipupz: Zip it up, without looking down.
Zipupz: When you gotta go, it's anything but slow.
Zipupz: For when you need to zip it, but just don't manage to grip it.

thank you iMogwai, you rock.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't put too much money into though until its a success maybe charge (regular zippers are around $3.99...) charge $8.99.

sasquatchcarrot
sasquatchcarrot
189 posts
Nomad

quit complaining about not wanting zippers for your pants.... think... your in the cold, you have to go to the bathroom. your fingers are cold and numb, HOW do you zip it up without hurting yourself? Buy one ~.~... good idea. an average person would not think of this, (as you can see with all the complaints) good idea.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

thank you. please keep commenting

dualduo642
dualduo642
21 posts
Nomad

is it really that hard to zip a zipper up. It takes a second. ANd what if it malfunctioned by your &quotarts" automatic zipper disaster. That would hurt

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

even the stupidest idiot will be unable to hurt themselves with this. also, YOU try inventing something

Showing 31-45 of 109