The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernZipupz automatic zippers

109 13299
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I have just copyrighted an idea for invention convention ( like a science fair where you have to invent a product). My idea is an automatic zipper. I have all the technology worked out and I just need to know if anyone would actually buy it and what price would be a good idea.

• 109 Replies
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/rtms.ca/viewform?formkey=dFVTREJXcmpGYlhOVEZYSDZBZUlPT0E6MQ&theme=0AX42CRMsmRFbUy1hMWQ3Y2YyMC00ZjczLTQ1MjgtYm
this is the link that I want you to check if it works or not. sorry

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

please keep on posting

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

c'mon! this is my 4th post in a row! by the way, thanks that person who did the survey. you rock.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

KEEP ON POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"M BEGGING!!!!!!!!!!!

IcyShards
IcyShards
9 posts
Nomad

While I lie the concept of the idea, I wouldn't buy it as I have no real use for it.
I'd say people with leg problems, medical problems ect would consider buying it, so it's a fairly good idea.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Hey superstar, it isn't the best idea to keep on asking people to post; it is considered spam.

Anyways, why 3 weeks? We are all wondering on the specifics and want to know. :s

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I like the idea but i think 3 weeks is way too long at least keep feeding us information a little at a time.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

3 weeks because it is due in 3 weeks. Anyways, I think that I many be able to say pulleys and motors and see whether that keeps you interested. Just wait until april 20th, and I will let post the complete explaination of how it works. Thanks to all who have completed the survey also, as you guys rock.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I promise that I will reveal how the contraption work on april 20th, when I get home from school, so please keep posting and doing the survey

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

i think that it would work for things that are hard to reach, like a boot ot other shoe, which as i understand is the intended purpose. for the price, figure out how much it costs to make 1 automatic zipper material wise, and then make consumers pay like, 10-50 cents more.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Now that i think about it how heavy is it?

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

well, if you read the previous posts, he says that it looks like a normal zipper with a 1 inch piece of extra padding on it. so, it probably only ways a few ounces. (don't take my word for it though, cause i don't know or anything, just an educated guess.)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

the design is waterproof, so the mechanism can't get wet

So if I wet myself, it won't cause a malfunction in the device, right?
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

No more than two bucks. I can zip up my jacket by myself.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Does it have anything that can stop it from working? As in, paintballs?

Paintballs could break normal zippers...

:P
Showing 61-75 of 109