The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernZipupz automatic zippers

109 13302
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I have just copyrighted an idea for invention convention ( like a science fair where you have to invent a product). My idea is an automatic zipper. I have all the technology worked out and I just need to know if anyone would actually buy it and what price would be a good idea.

• 109 Replies
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

err... I'm pretty sure paintballs will break it, but other than that,it's going to work perfectly well. (hopefully)

GhostSauce
GhostSauce
1,140 posts
Nomad

lol

err... I'm pretty sure paintballs will break it, but other than that,it's going to work perfectly well. (hopefully)

well i would buy it but what the cost oh and can i bet with meh friends that something like this is going to come out soon?
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

this is a science project. A company may buy it, but that would be very unlikley, so i'm sorry but you're just going to have to zip yourself up

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

thanks to everyone who did the survey, you rock!
Also, does anybody know where to buy cheap wires and sensors and motors and electrical components like that?

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

does anybody know where to buy cheap wires and sensors and motors and electrical components like that?

probably a hardware store or some sort of electronics specialty shop.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Did you make a prototype yet? or is it just blueprints?

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

we're working on a prototype. That's kinda why we need the wires(what else do you think we would do with them?), also, I can now say that a pulley uses motors to make it work and lets see what you think of that

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Well will the motor make alot of noise or a little?

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

well, it'll make a little bit of noise, but that's it.

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

also, it's gonna be a little bulkier than i'd hoped,but oh well.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I think it'd be cool for you to wear it around town, and be like "aw yeah I don't need to zip" and see what people do.
Not so sure if I'd buy it myself though, but interesting idea.

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

so,i have one final question, is it a replacement zipper, or would you have to buy something with the zipper already on it. it would detract alot from the motion if you couldn't put it on any zip able item.

shortay7562
shortay7562
134 posts
Nomad

The only thing I would use it on is like a backpack or suitcase, sometimes those are hard to zip. :P but i wouldnt buy a suitcase for an automatic zipper i would want to be able to attach the automatic zipper to my suitcase... so as long as its attachable and detachable, I would pay $5 for two. So, $2.50

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

we can't make them attachable with the limited resources that we have (i.e. whatever we can steal from the teacher's draw), but I am delighted to tell you that we have got the motors and are on the way to getting the wires and finally putting it all together!!!

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

cool! i hope you will show us pictures of the final product.
someone probably invented something famous like this you know.

Showing 76-90 of 109