The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernZipupz automatic zippers

109 13301
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

I have just copyrighted an idea for invention convention ( like a science fair where you have to invent a product). My idea is an automatic zipper. I have all the technology worked out and I just need to know if anyone would actually buy it and what price would be a good idea.

• 109 Replies
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

What the hell is zipper, is it a lighter?
zippo lighter??
also I think you can copyright stuff like that
Like I want to copyright can opener, that doesen't work that way!

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

What the hell is zipper, is it a lighter?

You could do some research before you post

also I think you can copyright stuff like that
Like I want to copyright can opener, that doesen't work that way!

Did you even read the OP? Or any other post in the thread? Or even the title? What they're making is an automatic zipper (follow the link above for explanation) and that's what they copyrighted, not all zippers.
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

Did you even read the OP? Or any other post in the thread? Or even the title? What they're making is an automatic zipper (follow the link above for explanation) and that's what they copyrighted, not all zippers.

thanks for clarifying what my invention is.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

i think that is an awesome idea that would be so cool I would buy one because Im too lazy to pull up the zipper it depends how much they cost to make then I would decide how to price them

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

great!
update: just need to get the wires and battery compartment, then we're ready to go!

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

If you put it on a shoe, will it be on the outside of the shoe because a battery on your shoe would look a bit stupid, and the wires must have to go up some bit, where is the button that you press? Or is it movement operated?
Something about it leads me to believe it will look a bit horrific on your shoes.

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

How would it work?
I can't see a simple was to make it, the more advanced ways would not pay off.

also is this your site, if not, someone already made it?

[url=http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090178246]

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

all the mechanisms will be concealed, so the shoe looks like an ordinary shoe from the outside
also, 10 days untill all is revealed

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

also is this your site, if not, someone already made it?

I checked out the link, and it seems like that patent is about an automatic zipper mechanism using elastic bands (sounds like something a five year old would come up with, to be honest), and seem to be made mostly for pants. It doesn't sound like AK's mechanism at all, and just because it is also an automatic zipper doesn't mean his patent covers all automatic zipper mechanisms. Once again, I think you should've done some more research before complaining.
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

Also Im still saying you can't put copyright into it, it cannot be put on ideas, check the Copyright rules

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

I checked out the link, and it seems like that patent is about an automatic zipper mechanism using elastic bands (sounds like something a five year old would come up with, to be honest), and seem to be made mostly for pants. It doesn't sound like AK's mechanism at all, and just because it is also an automatic zipper doesn't mean his patent covers all automatic zipper mechanisms. Once again, I think you should've done some more research before complaining.

Not like its only elastic bands, its part of a mechanisam, what is the problem with bands, read it again, its the same thing like this guy is saying
aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

'this guy' happens to be a girl for your information, and the invention is boots that zip themselves up, not pants zippers, so it does not apply. Also, I use pulleys not elastic bands
UPDATE: got the wires today! Funny story how I actually GOT them, you see, we had to go to a teacher who a member in my group hates, so she wouldn't come anywhere near the classroom, and I had to go, and anyways, it was pretty funny to see her face when she found out that the teacher was her only hope!

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Also Im still saying you can't put copyright into it, it cannot be put on ideas, check the Copyright rules

Of course you can't put a copyright on it, copyright is for movies and music and stuff like that. You can, however, get an invention patented, and your link above should prove that even improvements to existing inventions can be patented. In fact, I'm going to give you a quote from Wikipedia.

The term patent usually refers to an exclusive right granted to anyone who invents any new, useful, and non-obvious process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof, and claims that right in a formal patent application.

Seriously Haku, do some freaking research.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Stop being so mad? >>

Showing 91-105 of 109