ForumsThe TavernHow will the world end?

173 25533
skydreams
skydreams
6 posts
Nomad

People are giving incredible theories on how the world will end.I personally think that we will end ourselves with nuclear war and man made things that should never had been made.

• 173 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Natural disasters that end up causing nuclear meltdowns.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Natural disasters that end up causing nuclear meltdowns.

The nuclear meltdown(I'm assuming you mean the ones in Japan) isn't going to end the world. ;P
I personally think that we will end ourselves with nuclear war and man made things that should never had been made.

I REALLY hope that humanity sees nuclear warfare as a "no-no".
I think the world will end when the sun dies out and engulfs us in the very distant future(yes I'm taking a science path on this one!:O).
metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

Seeing that we are destroying the earth with garbage and chemicals I think that people will be the end of the earth.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

(I'm assuming you mean the ones in Japan)

No.
It was just a generalization.
I think the world will end when the sun dies out and engulfs us in the very distant future

A few thousand years, lol.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

A few thousand years, lol.

More like millions if not billions, lol. ;P

Seeing that we are destroying the earth with garbage and chemicals I think that people will be the end of the earth.

Hm, I once considered that, but ruled it out eventually since we are becoming "better" with our pollution and ways. I mean, we stopped the o-zone depletion, and it is fixing itself gradually as we speck (type). We are also already taking a renewable energy path(I suspect electric cars dominating very soon, with this oil crisis. Or at least much better mileage gas/diesel cars.).
metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

More like millions if not billions, lol. ;P

Actually scientists believe that the sun is currently dying. Its going shorter periods of time without having sunspots, its dimming in measurable amounts, its magnetic field is at less than half strength compared to 22 years ago, and over the past 20 years solar winds have dropped by 3%, its temperature has dropped 13%, and its 20% less dense.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Actually scientists believe that the sun is currently dying. Its going shorter periods of time without having sunspots, its dimming in measurable amounts, its magnetic field is at less than half strength compared to 22 years ago, and over the past 20 years solar winds have dropped by 3%, its temperature has dropped 13%, and its 20% less dense.

I know that, it still isn't going to die soon, mind you. Those statistics didn't happen over night; it was dieing 22 years ago, and now that I think about it, has always been dieing.

as we speck (type).

Ugh typing fail
metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

I know that, it still isn't going to die soon, mind you. Those statistics didn't happen over night; it was dieing 22 years ago, and now that I think about it, has always been dieing.

The point is, its not going to be millions or billions of years. If it is 13% colder and 20% less dense over 20 years then we're talking in the low thousands.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Not necessarily... Low solar activity led to the mini ice age between 1650-1700. Are we currently in an Ice Age? No, so the sun kicked up its solar activity since then. Also, several if not all of our planets in the solar system have shown signs of warming. How does this work out if our sun is weakening quickly?

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

@metalwill. I'm almost positive you're wrong and I know at leat 1 of your statistics is...if there was a 13% decrease in temp. It would equate to roughly a drop of 351 thousand degrees...it would be too col for life as we know it. Also it can't be dimming too severely because there has been no noticable change in human history (eg people don't talk about the sun getting dimmer unless there has recently been debris kicked into the air). Also sun spot reduction would indicate an increase in overall temp. Laastly if in the past 20 years density has decreased by 20% then either one ofhree things has to have happened- 1.) Its mass decreased while its volume stays the same, but if its mass decreased by that much the earth and all other satalites of the sun would be thrown out of orbit from a decreased amount of gravity so that is discluded. 2.) Its volume is growing (red giant posibilities) this could show that the sun is near "death", but it would have expanded unough to engulf mercury and to make earth inhabitable for life so that is discluded too. 3.) A mixture of the two, but there is no reason for any star to loose mass so it has to be expanding only which we allready disprooved. Sorry to burst your bubble

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040121.html

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i honestly dont think the world will ever end. human race? maybe but i dont think the world will die. i dont have a proof. then again no one really has proof that it will end. and scientists said so isnt a proof since those are just theories and scientists are human too

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

The world is a very general term. if you mean the earth: probably when the sun becomes too big it cooks the earth with us on it( if mankind still exists then). If you mean the Universe: probably never.

PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

I believe we will die from nuclear fallout personally. Or maybe an asteroid that just knocks earth off its rotation. 2012 is a bunch of nonsense.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Its quite simple really, the world will run out of bacon resulting in mass panic. All the rioting and looting will came to a climax in the year 2107 when every sumo wrestler in the world and the entire population of China simultaneously jump off of chairs. The impact will send the world flying into the moon creating a massive pinball effect with every planet in the galaxy. Except for pluto because it isn't a planet.

Showing 1-15 of 173