ForumsThe TavernHow will the world end?

173 25536
skydreams
skydreams
6 posts
Nomad

People are giving incredible theories on how the world will end.I personally think that we will end ourselves with nuclear war and man made things that should never had been made.

• 173 Replies
duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

no somebody is gonna rip a really bad one and everyone will die

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

the world won't end :/ We will always find an other world to destroy

with nuclear war

Unoriginal and lame. Nuclear war won't kill everyone.

and man made things that should never had been made.

We can actually build a dark hole...well we can't, but we know how.

Seeing that we are destroying the earth with garbage and chemicals I think that people will be the end of the earth.

How is that the end of the world? Polluting doesn't cause the end of the world, it just destroy a lot of it. And even if it can cause the "end" of the world, then it would be in a distant future, and I'm pretty sure wer are already starting to go green.

Actually scientists believe that the sun is currently dying.

takes time.

If you mean the Universe: probably never.

What if matter collapse, or atoms die out?

Or maybe an asteroid that just knocks earth off its rotation.

Probably the only real possibility of end of the world that I saw on this thread.

Even if there are more disasters coming, it will not be the end; it may change radically, but nature will always find a way, except when the sun will grow before dying and roast the planet (but that's in a few billion years). Now for what will happen with us, is another story.

No, it is not "an other story" we are part of nature and we can also adapt to a lot of changes.

Such as tsunamis, earthquakes and hurricanes just obliterating everything, country by country.

I don't think that's even physically possible.

a very big volcano with a very big ash cloud,

That is actually possible

or we kill ourselves somehow (most likely)

Actually the chance of a meteor hitting the earth is more likely then we (humans) kill every single human and then the last human kills himself.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Some idiot will either decide to use an extremely communicable bacteria/virus or nuclear warfare most likely.

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

i think the way the world will end is that some idiot will leave there toaster on and it start a fire that will somehow engulf the entire earth.

urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

a REALLY fat baby will be born,it will slowly push the world down and out of the solar system. yip thats it

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

a REALLY fat baby will be born,it will slowly push the world down and out of the solar system. yip thats it

If the baby would be big enough to move earth so radically, it's mass would attract the sun and inversely be attracted by the mass of the sun, so we would rather meet in between than go away.
espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

natural disasters.and its not so far from happening.
A lot of chaotic events are happening these days...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

C'mon.. the most catastrophic natural disaster will not be enough to bring down life. There have already been times in earth's history when natural disasters killed most life at the surface and a big part of sea-life, but there have always been survivors to repopulate it. Though we humans might not be so lucky, although we are capable of creating environments where we can survive more than we could naturally

jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

I don't think it is a question of how will the world end... I think its more of which catastrophe unleashes first. (war, famine, nuclear, Natural Disaster)

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I honestly don't believe in 2012 but the world will end one day and I'm guessing it's gonna be the same way dinosaurs went out

Either a really big comet/meteorite hits the Earth, the sun expands into a red giant (highly unlikely considering this will be a few billion years) or we kill ourselves somehow (most likely)
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

people no natural disaster short of the sun turning into a red giant will kill us off unless and asteroid big enough hits us (and when i say big enough i mean big enough to actually break apart the earth) i don't care how big the ash cloud is we have technology and granted there might be massive famine and hardships but we will survive and fairly easily too.

Wafflesquad
Wafflesquad
170 posts
Peasant

I'm Christian, and so the world will end by... well, it's kinda complicated. Google "Revelation in the bible" or something like that to get all of it. But, summary, earthquake like none ever seen before (and by that I mean at least ONE tectonic plate is clearing the atmosphere) wars, famine, lots of fire, and only 25% of Earth's population left by the end.
From a scientific standpoint: There's too many to list here. Nuclear radiation could blow across the Pacific Ocean and cause havoc in California, then start some sort of mutant war, etc. OR the American consumers could get sick of high prices, the government being "slow" and "overtaxing us", and form a giant mob that rampages to D.C. and burns it, and then the Army retaliates, etc.

Why yes, I am somewhat cynical. I'm trying to fix that.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

2 points 1.) its not meant to be taken literally im christian too
and 2.) even if all that stuff in the bible happens there will still be people left. lets take your 25% thingy that would still leave 1,700,000,000 people...thats more than there was in 1900. We'd be fine

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Unrealistically, it would end by a Death Star like object.

But in reality, it would end through earthquakes.

duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

nope aliens are going to blow it up so that they can make way for a galactic highway =D

Showing 31-45 of 173