ForumsThe TavernHow will the world end?

173 25532
skydreams
skydreams
6 posts
Nomad

People are giving incredible theories on how the world will end.I personally think that we will end ourselves with nuclear war and man made things that should never had been made.

• 173 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

when every sumo wrestler in the world and the entire population of China simultaneously jump off of chairs. The impact will send the world flying into the moon creating a massive pinball effect with every planet in the galaxy.

Ever tried to jump on land from out of a rowboat?

I guess humanity will repeat the same mistake than the dwarfs of Khazad, dig too deep for oil and awake one of the balrogs that slept since the Old Days. The balrog will light a deep, huge gas source that will explode and blow off France, simultaneously destroying all of their roughly 50 nuclear plants. The resulting shockwave will be enough to allow Morgoth to finally come back into this realm and, together with newly bred orcs and loads of unknown beasts from the shadow, plunge the world into a second, and much longer, Dark Age.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

Well, I don't seriously believe that the world will end on 2012 but I think it is already ending with that bunch of natural disasters nowadays. Maybe when a lot of them happen in sequence and big consequences happen, the world will come into panic. Or maybe in a thousand years (or more, I don't know exactly), a big solar flare will happen and we will all die.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

The most religon's says it's going to be an apocalypse. So 95% of the people on Earth can easly answer that question. But if it's not happening something during five billion years; so will this planet be devourded by the sun. (true)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, I don't seriously believe that the world will end on 2012 but I think it is already ending with that bunch of natural disasters nowadays. Maybe when a lot of them happen in sequence and big consequences happen, the world will come into panic.

Even if there are more disasters coming, it will not be the end; it may change radically, but nature will always find a way, except when the sun will grow before dying and roast the planet (but that's in a few billion years). Now for what will happen with us, is another story.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

except when the sun will grow before dying and roast the planet (but that's in a few billion years).

thank god someone in here hasn't been reading some crap about the sun dying in 1000 years....i like the bacon idea
BlazingFires
BlazingFires
8 posts
Nomad

I think that it'll end from a natural disaster.
Such as tsunamis, earthquakes and hurricanes just obliterating everything, country by country.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

people no natural disaster could destroy the world im sorry but it can't happen

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Sun has 5 billion years left. 5,000,000,000. BIG NUMBAH. With Humans and Enviornment, I've always been confused. When you take the precentage of the Earth that is Populated:

90% of the population occupies 3% of the land. Land covers 29% of the globe.
.03 x .29 = .0087 = .87% Let's call it 1%. Therefore, if Mr. Rosenberg is
correct with his data, I believe it's very safe to say that less than 2% of the Earth's
surface is inhabited by humans.

SOURCE: http:/geography.about.com/od/populationgeography/a/popdensity.htm

And The percentage of that which is heavily populated and has Factories Burning fossil fuels which is even smaller than 1% of all of the land on Earth, how can there really be man made global warming?

The Tiny smoke stacks and Tinier cars causing all this single handedly? I don't think so.
Hey, I'm all for cleaning up our planet and switching to re newable energy sources like Solar and Hydro-Electric but I don't think us tiny humans can greatly effect the whole planet.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

and we arent going to kill ourselves off no matter how big the nuclear war there will be plenty of survivors. will life suck for them? yeah but they'll get over it...thats saying if a nuclear war does occur which it won't

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

Do you mean physically destroyed or just complete lack of life? I think it will end either by nuclear war/meltdown, a very big volcano with a very big ash cloud, or an asteroid.

ToxicJosh
ToxicJosh
5 posts
Nomad

Natrual disasters will kill all of us!

aced0155
aced0155
312 posts
Nomad

I honestly don't believe in 2012 but the world will end one day and I'm guessing it's gonna be the same way dinosaurs went out

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

thank god someone in here hasn't been reading some crap about the sun dying in 1000 years....i like the bacon idea

I did not say that I believed him... I even brought up a counter example... :O
Natrual disasters will kill all of us!

Nah, they for sure won't wipe us out. Not really possible if you think about it. We as humans have always adapted to our situation. Sure a huge disaster will kill many, but not all.
nuclear war/meltdown

Heard of fallout shelters? There are still a decent amount of them. I even know for a fact that Maui has one. Here is a scenario: Say Maui becomes the only place with a fallout shelter. A huge nuclear war is going on at this point of time. The citizens at Maui would make it to the fallout shelter, and hold out; so life has not ended... Life would be extremely hard, but we shall prevail!
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Either a really big comet/meteorite hits the Earth, the sun expands into a red giant (highly unlikely considering this will be a few billion years) or we kill ourselves somehow (most likely)

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Vanilla Ice and Justin Bieber will play a Bassoon/Banjo duet.

To a crowd of Red Sox and Yankees fans.

Showing 16-30 of 173