ForumsThe TavernHow will the world end?

173 25529
skydreams
skydreams
6 posts
Nomad

People are giving incredible theories on how the world will end.I personally think that we will end ourselves with nuclear war and man made things that should never had been made.

• 173 Replies
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

The topic is simple. Every living thing, including extremophiles will die as the Earth comes closer to the sun. The sun will evaporate all the water and heat up the world to the point that it cannot turn back into water, not precipitate, just condensate. The sun will also melt all of the features of the earth. The Earth will keep getting closer to the sun, until it makes contact and melts within the sun. But that is ages from now. millions/billions of years from now!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Every living thing, including extremophiles will die as the Earth comes closer to the sun.

It's the other way round, the sun will get bigger and engulf earth.. which will result in pretty the same thing, but still.
stefaan
stefaan
44 posts
Bard

for all those people who think the world is going to end in 2012 thanks to the maya's, well stop being an idiot... it's not the end but it's the beginning of a new spiritual year for the maya's.
all Bull....

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Does anyone else know the poem Fire and Ice by Robert Frost?

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

I personally think the world will end in the figurative fire, as in we won't literally burn up, but all the hate, anger, and war, will eventually just destroy humanity.

Maybe the earth will survive and cockroaches will be the leaders, and hunt the few surviving humans until they are extinct.

Or maybe life won't exist at all. The rate we're going with all the pollution, and the threats of nuclear war, Earth might just become a wasteland.

6Dave6Wolf6
6Dave6Wolf6
15 posts
Nomad

Maybe the earth will survive and cockroaches will be the leaders, and hunt the few surviving humans until they are extinct.

lol what if it does comes to this?
pepyboy2
pepyboy2
39 posts
Nomad

or i guess terrorists ending up with nukes and posing to be another country like Russia then the terrorists will send one and the USA will retaliate, making the Russians sending them and thus ending up the world destroyed by nuclear weapons.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

I don't know anything from nuclear war, a meteorite, a black hole , a solar flare, a mass volcanic eruption IDK but suprised not many people have said in 2012.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

IDK but suprised not many people have said in 2012.

That's because 2012 is a silly conclusion and nothing specifically states what will cause the world to end on Dec. 21.

I believe that the world will end somehow by something involved with space. Whether it be the sun or some galaxy collision as people have said, I do not know. It's just a hunch of mine.
fortiez40
fortiez40
4 posts
Nomad

The end of the world as a planet will not occur until a large enough meteor strikes or the sun expands to a size where it literally melts the earth. As for humans... well were screwed

DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

I would have no problems thinking of a million ways the earth could come to an end. However If the bible is correct and Jesus does come down and slay the sinners, I will stand wide mouthed as he chops my head off. ;P

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

i think the sun will blow up.

daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

5 billion years in the future when the sun is about to explode and die then we will all be dead

flashlinegames
flashlinegames
2 posts
Nomad

Nuclear Weapons

mesut_ozil23
mesut_ozil23
2 posts
Nomad

The world will end when Jesus comes back to earth. There will be the Battle of Armegedon, and the armies of earth will be destroyed. Then earth will be destroyed, and there will be the Final Judgement. Then God will create a new heaven and a new earth.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Daniel5533, when that happens in 5 billion years, don't you think we'll have colonized a better planet, and the sun won't even explode, it'll just expand really fast and shrink after a while. I think that the world will never end, because we might be integrated with machines in the next -- years.

Showing 121-135 of 173