ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74983
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I don't see why.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

There are two possibilities this is legit or it's a bad joke for April fools.

Given the cut off date and how out of character this is for the administration, this would suggest a joke.
Given how there has been talk between mods and admins and at least one mod seemingly even quitting, this would suggest it's legit.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't think its a joke because than the admin who gets the most votes (seemingly Devoidless) will feel terrible.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Well, if it is a joke, then we all know who is the least-liked mod here.

Of course, if it isn't a joke, then I'd feel pretty bad.

But Devoidless never logs on, anyway.

BluePortal
BluePortal
69 posts
Nomad

Eithier

1. Fake

Or...

2. Fixed. Basically say. Devoidless is quitting. AG set it up close to April fools day. All the people who try to fool AG shot fake and all that don't say real they fool both and everyone gets confused.

Also I have a feeling they are fooling the mods as well. There is a high chance the moderators will set a different one up.

BluePortal
BluePortal
69 posts
Nomad

*2. Fixed. Basically say Devoidless is quitting as a moderator. AG decided to have it announced close to April fools day. All the people who think they are smart say that it is totally fake and all the noobs think it is real and make real votes. If all works out they both get fooled and AG walks out with +1.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

This thread is going to get locked very soon. The one in the forum games is locked already, and locking this too will also increase the tension and secrecy.

Time to wait.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I have a feeling they are fooling the mods as well

A mod started it so probably not.

This thread is going to get locked very soon. The one in the forum games is locked already

That was probably locked because that had absolutely no relevance to the section it was posted in.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Never mind just checked, it was closed because it was in wrong section and you can't discuss other users so DON'T TALK ABOUT WHICH MOD YOU VOTED HERE AND WHY, JUST DISCUSS THE FIRING IN GENERAL

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

1) It's a joke. But the joke isn't very humorous.

2) It's real. Since they are so serious about it all and even Moderators' are commenting on profiles that they might quit soon due to this then it must be real.

I'm neutral towards the whole thing. When I did vote on the thread it was for joking purposes. If this is real, then I'll feel kind of bad.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

If mods are posting on their profile about this then i feel like it's fake because if it was started by a mod then that means mods knew ahead of time and they wouldn't have done it if they would get so mad.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I remember the old "Strop is banned" joke. April '09 was quite a long time ago in internet terms, but I do remember it. The mods were all lying to us and dozens were fooled. I suspect the thread is gone.

If there is real tension in the moderation circle, I wasn't previously aware of it. For now, I'll remain skeptical. Past experiences and what Mage stated keep me on guard.

I hope this isn't AG's big April Fool's joke.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

If it's a joke it seems in poor taste, and I wonder who will laugh. Regardless I remain open to that view, this seems a rather elaborate way of going about things though. Joke or no.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I, too, believe this is all a big April Fool's joke, even though there's no real humor in it (though the jokes with humor in them are often too obvious to fool anyone). And if it isn't, they sure chose a bad time to make the announcement

PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

Well I think the joke is that they WANT you to think it's an April fools joke. oh ya i went there. And if it is where is your sense of humor? Let the people be fooled so you can lol at them later

Showing 1-15 of 423