ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74975
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I have three opinions on this.
a) It is a joke by the admins that even the mods don't know about. It is a very bad joke.
b)It is a joke by both the mods and the admins, and is a fairly good joke. Something to support this is Zophia's perfect arrival back from inactivity, right on the day this was announced.
c) It is real, and quite honestly the stupidest way of choosing who to kick out I can think of.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I would like to elaborate on b). If the mods and admins are both playing a joke, the mods are doing it very well, and are very good actors.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Oh, so you were the one that voted for Strop? Cuz I think he only has one vote...

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Personally, I used to think this was real, but now I believe it is just a cruel April Fools Joke. (I've always hated April 1st.) Convenient that this shows up in March, and the voting ends at the end of March. (The beginning of April.) If this is real, however, I'd feel kinda bad for whoever is demoted.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I believe it is real but if it isn't...Bad things will happen.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

Another thing to support my theory that it is a joke by the mods+admins is that Devoidless appears to have come back, again right in the nick of time.

Oh, so you were the one that voted for Strop?

Um, no, I wasn't. I haven't voted, and I don't intend to.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

No, someone else posted after you, but he got deleted I guess.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh, I'm so sorry I work 50 odd hours a week. And that my computer keeps on breaking down. And that I do my god dang job because no one else will.

Great way be greeted back after not being able to get on. Give this site three years and countless hours of my life and what do I get? A giant boot up the rear.

Thanks.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I hope it's a bad joke. because to me it doesn't seem like a great idea to fire someone without a good reason.

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

Even if you are not a mod we will still love you Devoidless.I voted for noname

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

@Devoidless Wow man, you don't need to take something so personal. Now, on being a mod,

[quote=Carlie]1) Responsibility. Potential moderators must be responsible, mature, honest, and trustworthy. There is not a specific age requirement, but maturity is a big aspect of moderation. This is why we do tend to choose members who are older.
2) Good posting record. We look for members who have a good posting record. This means they have an adequate amount of forum posts, game reviews, and merits. We look for people who post clearly and intelligently with very few spelling or grammatical errors. We will never choose someone who spams any of their writing for points. We look for people who post comments to help improve the site, instead of just posting for points.
3) Helpful. Potential moderators are members who are very helpful and courteous to other members of the community. They answer questions for other members when possible with a friendly attitude. They are active and constructive with suggestions and support. Moderators have a genuine interest in helping improve the community.
4) Activity. We only ask members who are moderately to very active on the site. This helps us ensure that they will be accessible to members of the community, and be around to help enforce the rules of the site.[/quote]
[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/2543300/moderators-merits]OP[/url

Devoidless, I believe that you have 1-3. However, you yourself just said that you work ~50 hours a week, and your computer frequently breaks down. Nothing personal against you.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Something to support this is Zophia's perfect arrival back from inactivity, right on the day this was announced.

You don't think Cenere would've told Zophia about something this important, 'cause, you know, Cenere knows Zophia in real life?

Another thing to support my theory that it is a joke by the mods+admins is that Devoidless appears to have come back, again right in the nick of time.

You really don't think someone would've told Devoidless? and he wouldn't've come back for this? 'cause you know, someone has his contact information? You guys would make the worst conspiracy theorists on the face of this planet.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't want to participate in this, but:
Zophia and I communicate daily, unless we are pissing each other off. Just because she isn't online here, doesn't mean she isn't by a computer...

As for the conspiracy theorists: Isn't it just convenient how Strop suddenly "disappeared" too, now that it is convenient how all the other mods "suddenly" are active? Oh wait, no. He is actually busy irl. NEVERMIND...

All this just because - someone is a little harsh to the kiddies, beh.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Something to support this is Zophia's perfect arrival back from inactivity, right on the day this was announced.
My activity has spiked back up because this is a mess and drawing my attention. I returned a good handful of days before the announcement, but I'm sneaky. :/

You don't think Cenere would've told Zophia about something this important, 'cause, you know, Cenere knows Zophia in real life?
Also this.
Zophia and I communicate daily, unless we are pissing each other off. Just because she isn't online here, doesn't mean she isn't by a computer...
You have my cell phone number too. \\o/

But anyway. I don't really have anything new to add to this. It sucks. And now Ian is being awkwardly silent and stuff and it bothers me. :<

Um, no, I wasn't. I haven't voted, and I don't intend to.
I approve of this, btw. Abstaaain. Protest. Rebel. Something. I dunno.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I approve of this, btw. Abstaaain. Protest. Rebel. Something. I dunno.

An old post of yours come to mind. You know, what to do if you were mod for only a day...
Heck, with more of these coming about, who knows when we will get the boot.
Showing 31-45 of 423