ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74977
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Well, if it is a joke, then we all know who is the least-liked mod here.

I like beating dead horses.....

I think it is a joke, though if it is forsrs I'll feel terrible if ____ really does get fired.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

1) It's a joke.

2) It's hilarious. Seriously, this is almost as good as "Stop's not a doctor". I hope everyone takes it super seriously.

But some of the folks at CountingTime are cooking up something epic. Hit me up if you want to be part of it. We need all hands on deck for this one.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Personally, I hope it's a bad joke.

Some nasty things have been said in the mod forum and it ... wasn't pretty. And I'm all out of the loop of things (hiatusing sucks), apparently it's been brewing for a while and then suddenly Ian and Gantic went with this ridiculous voting thing and I don't even know what or why it couldn't be resolved in discussions or why a voting was considered a good idea. D:

I think it's an awful way of handling it. If anything, Ian could have just emailed the more inactive of us and said there'd be thinning of the ranks, but no, public what-the-nuggetry.

:/

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Given how there has been talk between mods and admins and at least one mod seemingly even quitting, this would suggest it's legit.

well i believe strop talked about stepping down before though in the picture thread if i do recall.

i believe here.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I believe we all know who the CT people are voting for. ...and I don't know why. She's a very nice and friendly individual.

I'm not sure why someone needs to get fired when Strop has already said that he's retiring soon. That leaves one slot to either axe out or refill with someone else.

Personally... I've only ever seen Devoidless post once since I've been a member here... and that was to block the whole math thing one of the kids whose name starts w/ an E (i think) was so adamant about. The rest have their moments w/ activity, but are for the most part pretty decently active considering real lives and that its a volunteer type thing. unless they're going to pay people to just sit here 24/7 to lurk the forums you're gonna have flare ups w/ regular life and not everyone is gonna be able to sit here all of the time. ...that's what flagging is for amirite? if anything they should just make more people mods... atleast until the upgrade to AG3 ... people keep telling me that mods will somehow be obsolete(ish) then... I haven't cared enough to look it up to know how or why tho.

I'm not sure about the tension issue... other than what was made by this event. all i see are a lot of little kids voting for the mods that did their job by the book... and by that I mean they got in trouble by them (i've had a few < 7 word posts go missing muh self)

i'd say whoever gets the most votes (besides the ones on hiatus) probably need to stay

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I believe we all know who the CT people are voting for. ...and I don't know why. She's a very nice and friendly individual.

Of course she is, pretty much all the Mods are great people to hang with if you don't break the rules.
I voted Devoidless because like most people I think he's is the least active (I actually like the guy, I just chose him as the least likely to be upset for the earlier reason). But this whole situation pisses me off. A few clear warnings could have gone out before all this.
I'm not sure about the tension issue... other than what was made by this event. all i see are a lot of little kids voting for the mods that did their job by the book... and by that I mean they got in trouble by them

And that's the problem, i'm seeing some new people with only one or two posts voting. Those should be discounted. Of course though, having 'election week' shouldn't have ever happened.

I didn't read this post, so I may have to explain some things.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

It's a joke. Didn't you pick up on it?

I voted Devoidless because like most people I think he's is the least active

If you're voting because he's inactive and you don't want to get rid of anyone else, you might as well abstain. If he comes back, he'll be able to continue his job. If he doesn't, he'll be stripped anyway.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

It's a joke

the whole situation or just the ct vote?
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

If you're voting because he's inactive and you don't want to get rid of anyone else, you might as well abstain.

Crap, I didn't know we had a non voting option.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

the whole situation or just the ct vote?

The CT vote... Well, I was joking; some actually weren't.

I'm suspicious of the whole situation.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

With my vote, I was joking with it. The only reason why I did vote was to even out the vote count between the two that have the most.

I didn't know we had a non voting option.

It's called. . . not posting in the thread. :3
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The vote is real, just so you know.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

I voted for Strop because nobody else voted for him and I didn't want to be the primary reason for someone to be fired.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure why someone needs to get fired when Strop has already said that he's retiring soon. That leaves one slot to either axe out or refill with someone else.

They're no firing a mod because theres too many their firing one because

The administration has come to the conclusion that the current Moderation Team is infeasible and inefficient. There has been much friction over the last several months between the moderators and users that has created an indelible rift in the current state of the community.

So why are people voting for unactive mods if they aren't even doing any harm? They don't affect the sight in any war.

It's called. . . not posting in the thread. :3

Best solution ever
TimeMachineTree
TimeMachineTree
83 posts
Nomad

Well, I just hope this is all a sick joke. Honestly, I dont think the vote is real.

Showing 16-30 of 423