ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74973
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

Where do they say this?

Cormyn says so in the official thread.

I also voted because I believed it was a joke. If this is real, I think it's seriously messed up.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Cormyn says so in the official thread.

Can someone link it? I can't find it.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

The thread
Now I quote

As for more insight as to why we're doing this: AG3 is going to hand a lot more control to users with like/dislike links, and the new Reputation system (or 'karma' system as some have called it), and so we aren't going to need a large moderation team.
LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

If this is a joke, the admins should be ashamed of themselves, if that's their definition of funny, there's something wrong with them, there have been users that have quit over this. (Darkrai)
While they're handing more control over to the users, there should be more moderators not less, it would be great to have at least one moderator on at all times.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

I don't think it is a joke.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

It's probably not, if it was a joke I'd say they'd have told us by now, but by the looks of things Devoidless/NonameC68 will no longer be a moderator, and if there is friction it won't make a difference because those two aren't active.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

WeArePants
post count - 1
vote - Asherlee

ThomasMalcum
post count - 5
vote - Asherlee

Dan653
post count - 4
vote - Devoidless

These votes are casted by people who are so new they probably don't even know what a moderator is.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

@master:
That's exactly what I was talking about when I posted earlier.
@SupaLegit:
You've been around the site long enough to see the Moderators. But others' haven't and they are just posting what the veteran users of AG have voted, even though we were joking when we did voted. .

Devoidless/NonameC68 will no longer be a moderator, and if there is friction it won't make a difference because those two aren't active.

NoNameC68 is active around the site. He's mainly in the WEPR section of the Forums. And Devoidless as you can see on page 4 of this thread is busy with real life.

Also, if this is true then this is what I think will happen:
Devoidless will get voted out due to the thread.
NoNameC68 is going to quit. I saw a post of his on cormyn's profile.
Strop is going to leave soon due to him being a doctor and all.
MRWalker82 left a comment on cormyn's profile saying that he'll *probably* quit.

So, with this thread AG just lose four Moderators. . Well, I hope it's all a joke.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

@master:
That's exactly what I was talking about when I posted earlier.

I know i was just supporting the argument.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

a vote for having something removed is a gradual thing... a moderator, when present, is an instantaneous thing. The vote, in my opinion, would help a lot when mods are inactive.... but who is to say that groups of members won't band together just to abuse that power? as in groups of people who don't agree w/ the religious discussions actively orchestrating trying to remove specific individuals comments. suffice to say... there are some in the AG community that are nowhere near mature enough to be given any semblance of power. The mods we have now have proven to be mature enough to abstain from over the top biases and all that jazz... inappropriate comment that is voted off will stay longer than if a mod were to instantly eat it instead. omnomnomnom

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

I just don't understand why firing moderators would do any help. Just hire some new ones. It really doesn't matter if you fire moderators who are inactive anyway. They can't abuse their power since they are never on, so just fire the ones who do abuse their power.

So far, I have not seen one moderator who abuses his/her power so why fire any? I dislike some moderators, NoNameC68, but not because he abuses his powers.

Devoidless hasn't done anything wrong, and just because he is inactive, doesn't mean you should fire him.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

If this is a joke, the mod team trolled the hell out of errybody with superb acting and lots of little details for conspiracy theorists to jump at; they've done it before with Strop's mock-banning, so I wouldn't put it past them. If not, then I guess the administration is severely lacking in problem-solving skills. Counting on an overall new user body that has no idea who is the problem - or what the mods are like - to vote on who is the problem is hilariously stupid. The only way for the users to make a *good* decision in a matter such as this would be to get a summary/view of the mod forum to see what caused all of this. Without any insight, it's just like giving a mob of blind toddlers flaming sticks to throw at a single correct target to catch on fire, and if they hit the wrong target it'll collapse the tent and wreck the circus.

BluePortal
BluePortal
69 posts
Nomad

A couple of rules.

1. You can have any emotion on the internet.

2. You can lie on the internet

3. You can spend 3 hours writing on the internet.

The moderators obviously took advantage of this. I take back what I said. The moderators know.

And I'll keep my second option as correct. As the mods are trying to convince the people half way in between. Leaving the random conspiracy theorists that yell out "GANTIC AND CORMYN HAVE BEEN HACKED!" which could be true.

But if you didn't tell the mods that would be absolutely epic. Oh and haven't you realized they are trying to convince us it is real? With all the phone talk. The taking down conspiracy theorists?

Anyways, my option is...

Fixed. Basically say Strop is quitting as a moderator. AG decided to have it announced close to April fools day. All the people who think they are smart say that it is totally fake and all the noobs think it is real and make real votes. If all works out they both get fooled and AG walks out with +1.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Leaving the random conspiracy theorists that yell out "GANTIC AND CORMYN HAVE BEEN HACKED!" which could be true.

Oohhhhhmaaaagaawwwwwdddd ttheymust've been dudddeee!

THEY'VE BEEN HACKED!!!!
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

I still don't think anyone should be fired. If anyone is fired, than Armor Games has just made the dumbest decision in the world.

Showing 61-75 of 423