ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74999
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

Blarg. Today was a decent work day, I only had to yell at one mod and SMS another telling them we need their help 'cause two more are out of touch.

I'm gonna give the voting a little more time, then pull the plug. I'm looking at all of the suggestions made in here, thanks for the feedback. Can't wait for a full night's sleep soon.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Wow, you get to do that much on your own in AG3? Make the change now!

VastEvilness
VastEvilness
33 posts
Nomad

you get to do that much on your own in AG3?

Obviously, you don't have all that power immediately, you've got to earn your reputation on the site to prove that you can control that amount of power.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I'm going to be annoying, but why do you want a team of 6 mods then?

Team of 5 mods NoName is resigning.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Team of 5 mods NoName is resigning.

Can't forget that Walker said that he might leave the team. So that would be down to 4 if he goes through with it.

That's no way to maintain Forums.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

well.... who doesn't like parody? remember... its for funs and lulz (so don't get too mad) ...I suck at using paint... but I was inspired by the recent events. I found the picture just w/ google images. They belong to Monty Python and the Holy Grail... and yes.. there are a few discrepancies in the pictures and content (over look them...)

And now... I present to you... THE GREAT WHITE SPAM EATER ( hope it loads right... if not... delete it and I'll fix it)

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/Sonatavarius/gantic.jpg?t=1301529656

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Blarg. Today was a decent work day, I only had to yell at one mod and SMS another telling them we need their help 'cause two more are out of touch.

Sounds like a poorly run family full of hormone enraged teenagers :P.

I'm gonna give the voting a little more time, then pull the plug. I'm looking at all of the suggestions made in here, thanks for the feedback. Can't wait for a full night's sleep soon.

Ahh, if only I believed you need us to tell you out of x mods which ones were inactive.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

sontavarius if i could merit a forum post, you'd have gotten one. Being a Monty Python fan, and the horrible week I've had (and GAH it's only half over!!) it was the first laugh I've had in several days.

As for which mods are active/inactive, I'm hoping that losing one mod will either wake the others from their slumber or encourage them to resign gracefully.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I do what I can... now... if only Gantic will find it that funny

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Encourage them to resign gracefully? Whaaaaaat?
I don't know if I should rant, or keep my head down like many other users. :/

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

As for which mods are active/inactive, I'm hoping that losing one mod will either wake the others from their slumber or encourage them to resign gracefully.

Wow, if you don't post the results on April the 1st I will grudgingly admit that this is looking more real than fake.

What if the losing mod doesn't even notice. There are/were some that were completely inactive for long periods of time. Therefore the others will just go "meh" we are active enough.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i mean there is a handful of people here that could replace them (meaning they're on here enough...) but as said prior to now... if you subtract the ones that are arguably too abrasive to do the job effectively (meaning a deluge of kiddies of Biblical proportions would come crying to Cormyn) you have an even smaller number of candidates.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

A bunch of people just voted for Cormyn, who is not a moderator. Hopefully, this problem will be fixed.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I do what I can... now... if only Gantic will find it that funny

It's not laugh-out-loud funny. Zero puns. No original absurdity. Ultimately, it is derivative and tame.

Encourage them to resign gracefully? Whaaaaaat?

You know Devoidless will probably rage ban some of you guys before he is demodded. We probably won't stop him or clean up after his mess, so some of you will be locked out of the site for quite some time. Enjoy.

Wow, if you don't post the results on April the 1st I will grudgingly admit that this is looking more real than fake.

No. The results come out at the end of the month. Doesn't matter if it's April Fools Day is the day after the end of the month. The end of the month is the end of the month. If this was May instead of March, the results would come out at the end of the month.

And for the last time, we won't be needing more mods. We've reached a point where volunteer moderators will eventually be obsolete. There's a chance it won't, but there's also a chance pigs could fly one day. Stop saying we need more mods, because it's obvious what you're trying to do. Let's be honest here. Some of you say you don't want to be mods and would do just fine being a regular member. How many of you secretly really want to be mods but won't admit it to yourself? Hmm? Let me ask this in a different way: How many of you are secretly attracted to that female friend but won't admit it to yourself? Yeah. It's that obvious. We know it. Your friends know it. Stop trying to get picked to be a mod. You will never be mods.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

You know Devoidless will probably rage ban some of you guys before he is demodded. We probably won't stop him or clean up after his mess, so some of you will be locked out of the site for quite some time.

And then the forums go to hell *shrug*
Showing 271-285 of 423