ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 75007
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Holy **** what happened to the title!?!?!? Whoever did that should be exempt from being fired.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Why should they be exempt for changing my title?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I just went through the site and AG has had a total of 14 Moderators, if I'm correct. I don't know if it was all at once or if when one would leave they would fill in the spot. DragonMistress
Asherlee, Calm, Dank, Devoidless, UberTuna, Cenere, NoNameC68, Zophia, Strop, MRWAlker82, Gantic, Estel, Flipski. That's in absolutely no order. But I don't see why the site can't have double the mods. I'm aware that the site probably didn't have all these people on the mod team at once, but I also don't see a problem with adding more to the team.

Eh. . with AG3 I suppose it won't matter since it'll be basically user control. But, I don't look forward to that. There will be abuse of the system.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The person that changed the title has earned my undying respect.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

keep in mind though, Matrix, that Calm, Dank, Tuna, Estel, and Filpski are no longer listed as being part of the "mod squad" due to them being long absent.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

keep in mind though, Matrix, that Calm, Dank, Tuna, Estel, and Filpski are no longer listed as being part of the "mod squad" due to them being long absent.

I know this, Waluigi, but I just wanted to put out that information on this thread. DragonMisterss isn't a Moderator anymore either.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Trust me, you're wrong on this.

I was going more off what cormyn was saying w/ the whole "I'm tired of picking up the slack" thing... 7 really active people can do it.... things rarely happen at 100% in practice

are you saying that even tho you've received flack for this thread you were in all honesty just following orders... and that your opinion in actuality conflicts with the sentiment expressed by the higher ups? ...meaning you think the job is being done just fine?

...and that you're not a bad guy (apparently there were harsh words)... but grossly misunderstood? (like the Great White spam eater? omnomnonmnomnom)

not expecting an answer if you don't want to.

(tis our first conversation (that I know of)...nice to make your acquaintance... if only it were during simpler times)
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

...are you saying all we do is delete spam? Sure, there's other stuff to do, but no one wants to do it. You find someone who is willing to sit for 2-4 straight hours of going through 10000-20000 comments reading and deleting at least three times a week for a year without pay and see if he's still as interested in going through the comments. Why do you think they're crowdsourcing the removal of bad comments and liking of good/funny/cool comments?

Note that anyone who uses this as an opportunity to complain about merits can consider all of their comments ignored forever because I'm tired of the same old arguments. I will ignore your comments, because you know what? You're one of the reasons why we're at this barbecue discussing which mod to fry.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

You find someone who is willing to sit for 2-4 straight hours of going through 10000-20000 comments reading and deleting at least three times a week for a year without pay and see if he's still as interested in going through the comments.

Which is why we need to scam teenagers in to thinking it counts as work experience for their resume'

But seriously, Gantic is right. Which is why we don't need to replace a mod, but add more. Hell, working out negotiated shifts could help ya know?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Since we got your guys ear any truth to this rumor of replacing the mods with paid employees?

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

We don't need more... No one is as crazy as I am to go through 100000-200000 comments in one day for more than one day a week.

Since we got your guys ear any truth to this rumor of replacing the mods with paid employees?

Rumor's been a rumor for a while. I don't know what goes behind the scenes and we don't hear that much more than you do, (Seriously, sometimes you guys hear about something before we do.) but I haven't seen any job postings. I'm guessing it's still in the discussion phase, or as others have speculated, they're waiting until it gets closer to the AG3 release.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

We don't need more... No one is as crazy as I am to go through 100000-200000 comments in one day for more than one day a week.

But adding double the mods will half the work and triple the mods will be 1/3 the work, but the downside is mods will lose respect. If you keep giving out the job to everyone it wont be as special. Also people probably won't feel as obligated to do their job. Maybe if you added another position that's lower than mods that have a few special powers and are mainly ment to delete spam.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

But adding double the mods will half the work and triple the mods will be 1/3 the work, but the downside is mods will lose respect. If you keep giving out the job to everyone it wont be as special. Also people probably won't feel as obligated to do their job. Maybe if you added another position that's lower than mods that have a few special powers and are mainly ment to delete spam.

Mod main purpose are to keep this forum working as smoothly as a clock and to generally be helpful. Respect is earned not given, the title mod doesn't give you that. Mods are not special, they are normal people that the administrators trust to keep the forum working. School teachers are not special either just because they work at schools. If people didn't feel obligated then they wouldn't have been picked or would of been replaced with more suitable mods.
I don't see the point, the admin/mod/user hierarchy works fine and why throw a wrench into it. Especially a wrench that does not seem to have any added benefits. If they need more people to delete spam then they would just add more moderators.
Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

Does anyone notice Mod filleting discussion? Who did that

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Does anyone notice Mod filleting discussion?

Read two pages back, I was first to notice the title change and I'm sure that others notice it as well.
Who did that

My money goes to Gantic, since he's active on this thread.
Showing 241-255 of 423