ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 75002
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

i see two pages of cormyn, what did he do?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I don't even know the guy, but I backed him up.
Mods shouldn't be fired. Are yall even getting paid? If you aren't they shouldn't be able to fire you.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If this was May instead of March, the results would come out at the end of the month.

But it isn't May; it's March, which is why so many people are suspicious. If any other month was chosen, more people would take it seriously.

Stop trying to get picked to be a mod. You will never be mods.

Well there goes all of our false hope.

But I guess if I were to be chosen as a mod (highly unlikely), I would just spend most of my time here dreaming about becoming an admin. People who want to become mods just don't realize that if they ever do become mods, they'll just want the greater power.

You just can't satisfy anybody these days.
Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

Gigantic! Why [I suspect it is you :P] Are you changing the title! Mod Firing discussion, Mod Fileting discussion, mod filtering discussion, mod filing discussion? WHAT!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You know Devoidless will probably rage ban some of you guys before he is demodded. We probably won't stop him or clean up after his mess, so some of you will be locked out of the site for quite some time. Enjoy.

I can't stop laughing at that part.
Mods shouldn't be fired. Are yall even getting paid? If you aren't they shouldn't be able to fire you.

It isn't being fired if there's no pay. It's just voluntary work.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

A bunch of people just voted for Cormyn, who is not a moderator. Hopefully, this problem will be fixed.
Viva la miniature revolution.

People who want to become mods just don't realize that if they ever do become mods, they'll just want the greater power.
I wanted to become a mod. I was happy to become a mod (and I hope I've been a good one aside from having inactive streaks). I've never craved admin powers, though. Maybe you're airing a reason for why you'd make a bad one - in it for the power?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

So if they aren't getting paid then why do they just get to take away their mod-ness?
Where the hell is Carlie when you need her? I dunno if she would let crap like this happen.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've never craved admin powers, though.

Really? Gantic's logic may or may not state otherwise.

Let's be honest here. Some of you say you don't want to be mods and would do just fine being a regular member. How many of you secretly really want to be mods but won't admit it to yourself?

I'm sure you want them, you just don't know it yet.

Maybe you're airing a reason for why you'd make a bad one - in it for the power?

The fact that I've never been considered for the position seems to inform all of us that there are probably many reasons why I'd make a bad mod.

The power would be nice, but I'd honestly be happy if I just had the blue text, my name on the about page, and the word "moderator" under my armatar even if I didn't have any power.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I wanted to become a mod. I was happy to become a mod (and I hope I've been a good one aside from having inactive streaks). I've never craved admin powers, though. Maybe you're airing a reason for why you'd make a bad one - in it for the power?

Never wanted to be a mod. I did want to be a superhero. Only became one because you guys badly needed me in a time of crisis. Fits the superhero bill. Otherwise, I'd still be a regular member with 500 merits.

Where the hell is Carlie when you need her? I dunno if she would let crap like this happen.

Carlie, I'm guessing, has a real job now that does not allow her any time on Armor Games.

You're saying every guy in the world secretly desires that female friend. That's your logic, not mine.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Never wanted to be a mod.

I'm sure you did at one point. It's hard to believe that someone would never want to be one.

The Carlie era is over. Welcome to the age of cormyn.

You're saying every guy in the world secretly desires that female friend. That's your logic, not mine.

Ehh....my logic based off your logic.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

The Carlie era is over. Welcome to the age of cormyn.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So we are going to hell in a hand basket? Nah not even a hand basket. We are being flicked off the AG plank into the worst punishment ever.
Boredom on the Interwebz.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

So we are going to hell in a hand basket? Nah not even a hand basket. We are being flicked off the AG plank into the worst punishment ever.

More like a . . . ban basket! Ahahahaha, how PUNishing
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I'm sure you did at one point. It's hard to believe that someone would never want to be one.

Nope. I don't prefer positions of authority. I'd rather be a superhero.

More like a . . . ban basket! Ahahahaha, how PUNishing

Dude, I should ban you for that because that's not even a pun.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Where the hell is Carlie when you need her?
She seemed to disappear shortly after getting married.

Naw, I'll admit that it could probably be fun to see how their extra tools work, but it's not something I want. I'm usually very honest with myself, and I am quite content to just have mod tools. Good balance of control and responsibility for me, even if life and stuff has meant I've slacked some.

Never wanted to be a mod. I did want to be a superhero. Only became one because you guys badly needed me in a time of crisis. Fits the superhero bill. Otherwise, I'd still be a regular member with 500 merits.
I love this a bit.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Now is the time for all the mods to come in and complain.
TOGETHER WE CAN CONQUER!

Showing 286-300 of 423