ForumsThe TavernEulogy for TTICA

98 12735
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Several users have called TTICA the awesome thread. In case you're wondering what TTICA is, here's the link. This thread reached page 932 before it got locked. This is Gantic's post explaining the lock:

This thread is currently locked indefinitely. I have reviewed this thread and it does not look good. This thread is NOT a chatroom, which it has definitely devolved to. If you want a chatroom, go make a chatroom. The future of this thread is under deliberation.

The chatroom thing started at about page 900 when most of the users all had the same armatar. They did it for the panda, the snake, and the rat (some call it a mouse instead of a rat). Then, they impersonated moderators and administrators. After the panda thing, I gave a rant on it. Since it was long, here's a link to the page of the rant. My rant was the last post on that page. However, I got ninja'd by two pages! SupaLegit called it a record for biggest ninja. Apparently, there has been discussion of unlocking TTICA even though Gantic called it a chatroom. There have been several incidents in TTICA that would've locked any other thread, especially the image spam on page 737. TTICA has survived all of those, even the image spam. I started posting there shortly thereafter, so I was around for the last 200 pages of TTICA, which was created by Saving123 with the intent of determining the most active forum poster. That's my eulogy for this so-called awesome thread.
  • 98 Replies
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Farewell and godspeed, TTICA. You were one of my true friends. Together, we had the same armatars, impersonated mods and admins, and spammed random crap. We will always love you.

~Legion1350 (In TTICA, known as John or Strop)

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I shall miss you TTICA. You were my orientation into the world of AG Forums, and I met many new people through your greatness. You brought people together and joked about things I could never joke about before. We talked about random stuff and scared newbies.

We will never forget you, and as Legion said, we will always love you.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I knew TTICA only for a short time. She was a good thread, never bound to a single purpose as the others are, she was dynamic and always interesting. She would talk about anything from the weather to eating babies. She never left us bored for long. She had a good, long life. Sadly, her dementia got the better of her and she became incohherent. In the end, she had to be put down for her own good. We will alawys miss you and there will never be another like you.

Go softly into the night, sweet friend.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

TTICA was a dirty girl, but she sure was sweet. She always embraced you, and kicked out your boredom. The problem with her was that she didn't care too much for rules. The laws were made for a reason. TTICA could not escape punishment forever, but in the end it was all worth it. She will be missed though, and it will be a long time before the dark ages release us once again.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I love how all of the people that were barely there feel bad.
How do you think the people there in the 500 or so pages feel? D:

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I joined around the 600s, as I recall. I remember because everyone was trying to get to page 700.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I joined around the 600s

Yeah, I remember that too. I joined around page 601 or so. Strange to think that no one cared about reaching that. Only 700.

Those were some good times.

There were some awesome posts there, too.

called it on the last post of this page

Yes, you're prediction came true after around 860 pages. Congrats.

You will be missed, my friend.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I joined TTICA on page 11, way back in July of '10. In fact, that was on of the first threads I posted in, as I only joined the community a week or two before that. I was a total forum n00b back then.

As for the history of the thread, it was changed to TTICA after deliberation among the mods at the time to allow 'off-topicnss' in the tavern so that they only had that one thread to deal with, as opposed to numerous random threads about nothing meaningful at all. Personally I'd like to see it kept open if only for precisely that reason. However, as was pointed out, the forum really isn't the place for a 'chat room' so we'll see what happens.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Personally I'd like to see it kept open if only for precisely that reason. However, as was pointed out, the forum really isn't the place for a 'chat room' so we'll see what happens.

If that thread gets miraculously unlocked, then people need to lay down some ground rules, so that won't happen again.

especially the image spam on page 737.

That was one freaking page, dude! But, yeah, that prolly would've gotten any other thread locked.

I love how all of the people that were barely there feel bad.

That thread does magical things.

Which reminds me of the time you insulted me multiple times on that thread.

Those were some good times.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I don't think i ever posted there while it was open.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I joined TTICA on page 11, way back in July of '10. In fact, that was on of the first threads I posted in, as I only joined the community a week or two before that. I was a total forum n00b back then.

I just checked that, and it made me laugh, because you were saying how you were somewhat new to the Forums. Did you ever think you would become a mod?
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Reading your post, i felt like i went in a time machine back to a magical period called the 2010's and i met a past noobish you.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I just checked that, and it made me laugh, because you were saying how you were somewhat new to the Forums. Did you ever think you would become a mod?

Good grief no. I had no desire to be, nor did I ever think it possible. I've moderated on a few other sites throughout my time on the internet, but never expected to be one here.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Ernie posted a funny photo

You mean this one?

I was laughing at that one for at least 3 minutes.

I could reminisce all day, because, technically, I was on board for 1/3 of the entire thread.

Good times, good times.
Showing 1-15 of 98