ForumsThe TavernEulogy for TTICA

98 12730
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Several users have called TTICA the awesome thread. In case you're wondering what TTICA is, here's the link. This thread reached page 932 before it got locked. This is Gantic's post explaining the lock:

This thread is currently locked indefinitely. I have reviewed this thread and it does not look good. This thread is NOT a chatroom, which it has definitely devolved to. If you want a chatroom, go make a chatroom. The future of this thread is under deliberation.

The chatroom thing started at about page 900 when most of the users all had the same armatar. They did it for the panda, the snake, and the rat (some call it a mouse instead of a rat). Then, they impersonated moderators and administrators. After the panda thing, I gave a rant on it. Since it was long, here's a link to the page of the rant. My rant was the last post on that page. However, I got ninja'd by two pages! SupaLegit called it a record for biggest ninja. Apparently, there has been discussion of unlocking TTICA even though Gantic called it a chatroom. There have been several incidents in TTICA that would've locked any other thread, especially the image spam on page 737. TTICA has survived all of those, even the image spam. I started posting there shortly thereafter, so I was around for the last 200 pages of TTICA, which was created by Saving123 with the intent of determining the most active forum poster. That's my eulogy for this so-called awesome thread.
  • 98 Replies
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

So we should just make make another thread like that, and make sure to non-spam and too remind everyone every 10 pgs. or so not to spam either.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I put no spamming, stay on topic and keep it appropriate in the OP.

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

For now, it's extremely unlikely we'll be able to have another one of these threads for a long amount of time. :/

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

yeah so do I, so with people like me and you what is the problem to create a chat-like thread just like the TTICA???

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

The problem is, it will get deleted/locked which will probably anger one of the moderators (Gantic) then I doubt they'll ever unlock TTICA again.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Because some people might spam just for points.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I once spammed (BY MISTAKE) and I was temporarily banned for 3 days (the worst days of my life); why cant they do that to the people who spam,
and how long ago was TTICA locked?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Yeah, I once spammed (BY MISTAKE) and I was temporarily banned for 3 days

What could you possibly have spammed that deserved 3 days? If they did that to TTICA spammers, everybody would have calmed down.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I dont know, i think i remembered spamming but everyone does once in a while
I even sent them anE-mail through contact and it did not help
I guess they just decided to pick on me...

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

It was always a chat thread after the hijack.

I was actually sad when I saw the longest thread ever locked. (rate the above user's fame)

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Don't you mean this?

No, I wasn't meaning an unrelated image.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

After you showed that pic, I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a chat thread.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I remember when that thread was started. I was one of the first to post on it too. Farewell TTICA we had a good time.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

a forum thread to mourn the loking of another forum thread? Now I've seen everything

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

a forum thread to mourn the loking of another forum thread? Now I've seen everything

TTICA wasn't just a thread. She was one of our greatest friends.

But really though, wasn't that AG's biggest thread until it got locked?
Showing 46-60 of 98