ForumsThe TavernEulogy for TTICA

98 12733
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Several users have called TTICA the awesome thread. In case you're wondering what TTICA is, here's the link. This thread reached page 932 before it got locked. This is Gantic's post explaining the lock:

This thread is currently locked indefinitely. I have reviewed this thread and it does not look good. This thread is NOT a chatroom, which it has definitely devolved to. If you want a chatroom, go make a chatroom. The future of this thread is under deliberation.

The chatroom thing started at about page 900 when most of the users all had the same armatar. They did it for the panda, the snake, and the rat (some call it a mouse instead of a rat). Then, they impersonated moderators and administrators. After the panda thing, I gave a rant on it. Since it was long, here's a link to the page of the rant. My rant was the last post on that page. However, I got ninja'd by two pages! SupaLegit called it a record for biggest ninja. Apparently, there has been discussion of unlocking TTICA even though Gantic called it a chatroom. There have been several incidents in TTICA that would've locked any other thread, especially the image spam on page 737. TTICA has survived all of those, even the image spam. I started posting there shortly thereafter, so I was around for the last 200 pages of TTICA, which was created by Saving123 with the intent of determining the most active forum poster. That's my eulogy for this so-called awesome thread.
  • 98 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Sure didn't sound like words of praise Legion.

I'm upset that the thread was locked, too.

You were a contributor.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I was not in TTICA, but you guys sound so sad, why dont you start a new one; maybe even on this thread?

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

you guys sound so sad,

Of course we are, that was probably the people who contributed to it, favorite thread.

why dont you start a new one

If we were allowed to, we already would have done so.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

If we were allowed to, we already would have done so.

why cant you do so?
Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

why cant you do so?

The mods said that we weren't allowed, it could possibly be unlocked it's in deliberation.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

how long was it in deliberation?
and when did the mods say not too make a new thread?

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

how long was it in deliberation?

The deliberation isn't over yet, I think.

when did the mods say not too make a new thread?

Somebody asked a moderator already, they replied.
I'm thinking that probably wouldn't be a good idea
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

and when did the mods say not too make a new thread?

I tried. Deleted almost immediately.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I tried. Deleted almost immediately.

Wow, that was fast. I never even saw it. =/
Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

I never even saw it.

I didn't see it either.
I don't pay much attention to the forums anyways or else I wasn't on.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

It got 0 views total. I believe it was Gantic that deleted it.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

You called it by the same name or something?
cuz im in the mood for some awesome thread to spring up and that people will post on it all the time.

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

You called it by the same name or something?

I'd say it would've been deleted even if the name was nothing related to the past thread name.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

but why? how would the mods know that it had anything to do with the previous one?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Maybe it's because of the nature of the thread? TTICA was allowed to exist in order to concentrate the spam posts into one thread instead of having dozens of spam threads, or so I have heard. Since TTICA went down so fast, they weren't going to allow another thread like her.

Showing 31-45 of 98