ForumsThe TavernEulogy for TTICA

98 12731
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Several users have called TTICA the awesome thread. In case you're wondering what TTICA is, here's the link. This thread reached page 932 before it got locked. This is Gantic's post explaining the lock:

This thread is currently locked indefinitely. I have reviewed this thread and it does not look good. This thread is NOT a chatroom, which it has definitely devolved to. If you want a chatroom, go make a chatroom. The future of this thread is under deliberation.

The chatroom thing started at about page 900 when most of the users all had the same armatar. They did it for the panda, the snake, and the rat (some call it a mouse instead of a rat). Then, they impersonated moderators and administrators. After the panda thing, I gave a rant on it. Since it was long, here's a link to the page of the rant. My rant was the last post on that page. However, I got ninja'd by two pages! SupaLegit called it a record for biggest ninja. Apparently, there has been discussion of unlocking TTICA even though Gantic called it a chatroom. There have been several incidents in TTICA that would've locked any other thread, especially the image spam on page 737. TTICA has survived all of those, even the image spam. I started posting there shortly thereafter, so I was around for the last 200 pages of TTICA, which was created by Saving123 with the intent of determining the most active forum poster. That's my eulogy for this so-called awesome thread.
  • 98 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Since we're talking about bringing back the TTICA. I don't think that it would be brought back up. Look at the Count to 100 thread, that hasn't been unlocked and its been locked for a few months now.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Guys, I was just thinking. Gantic said, when he locked her, that she wasn't a chatroom. Perhaps we should make an AG chatroom if there isn't already one?

@TheGr8test Lol, 2012...

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

i think this should be the chat room if there is gonna be one.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

AG chatroom if there isn't already one?

CountingTime

i think this should be the chat room if there is gonna be one.

No, just no.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

No, I mean a regular, live chatroom. No posted messages; just the chatroom form.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Having a chat room thread just so people can gain posts and points isn't allowed.

The TTICA was similar to a chat-room. But it always had a stable topic until people just started posting for posts and points.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Maybe you were, maybe you weren't. I, for one, don't remember, so stop reminding everyone. Got it? Be a man and stop dwelling on it, Dragon.

Be a man.

On a slightly different note, should I change my armatar? This has to do with the thread because...[fill in excuse here]

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Yeah, no it doesn't. I think the eulogy is now over, as you guys have moved onto other things.

Showing 91-98 of 98