ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506873
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

girls dont like having to go over to guys and their friends trust me.. they feel like they are just bugging them.. she wants u to go and see her even if her friends are their.. if you start going over their she might hang out with you more and more and it might end up being just you to together.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

girls dont like having to go over to guys and their friends trust me
guys dont like having to go over to girls and their friends trust me

what im saying is its easier said then done that takes a lot of courage
Pwnage99
Pwnage99
41 posts
Nomad

i got a lot of help here befor eif anyone needs it post here

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

hey i cant get a chance to 'bond ' with her cuz she 'always' with the 'other girl'

Just walk over to her. And show her that you are interested, she will maybe want to spent more time with u.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

My advice would be to get a girl who is a good friend but only that. You can use her as a sound board or a wingwoman. Helps tons.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

guys dont like having to go over to girls and their friends

yeah i know, trust me you are in the same situation that me and my boyfriend were in when we were just friends
you have to be the brave one and go over their and talk to her cause girls are pretty stuborn and they want you to come to them.
gprange
gprange
15 posts
Farmer

Yeah, best advice is to get a good female friend or use a friend's girlfriend. Ask them for advice on how to approach them or what to do. Unless they're just really mean, it'll usually work pretty well.

hamminnattor
hamminnattor
5 posts
Nomad

oh haha i didnt know wabout this thread... i have a girl friend lol

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

okay, here it goes...

i sort of like this girl who goes to my synagogue, but my bro and sis can get a little...annoying about when i get into a relationship, and the word at school spreads like wildfire and there can be some nasty rumors. on top of that, i am not the most social guy and am one of the "nerds" who isn't really outgoing. any advice?

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

my advice is just tell her.. it doesnt matter what your bro and sis say cause its not important trust me. if the kids spread bad rumors, just be like "whats the big deal? im a human i like people im no different then you."

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

yeah, but do you have any ideas on how to...enable myself to tell her. I am very shy, after all

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

i sort of like this girl who goes to my synagogue, but my bro and sis can get a little...annoying about when i get into a relationship, and the word at school spreads like wildfire and there can be some nasty rumors. on top of that, i am not the most social guy and am one of the "nerds" who isn't really outgoing. any advice?

A) If you're really scared of rumours, then you don't really like her.
B) Brothers and sisters can be used as a strategy if you incoporate them subtly. Girls like young kids, it's the maternal side to them.
C) Do you think she likes you? Or knows you exist? That's the important bit.
D) Get to know her. BUT don't exactly be the nice guy. You see, if you get too friendly, you get dumped into the friend zone. That's nono.

E) Tell me about the above, and I'll see what I can do.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

A) No, I'm not scared. I guess that I use that excuse to myself to not build up the courage. That's one of my major issues. Lack of courage.
B) You don't know my siblings, lol.
C) She knows I exist and she might possibly like me (I hope)
D) Are there any signs of being dumped into the friend zone?

13thDisciple
13thDisciple
7 posts
Nomad

To answer D) the signs would be being liked, having your company enjoyed but still shown a lack of interest from a more romantic point of view if you will, by that i mean shown no signs of sexual interest,or other signs of attraction physical or other.(i'm not sure i'm allowed to say sexual...)
To give you an example you enjoy a friends company but in no way fantasize about anything more intimate.
The reason why this is even an issue is that most women get mistreated by their partner, the 21st century dating world is pretty much screwed and what they feel they need most is a male friend they can trust.
The two friend and partner shouldn't be a separate thing if you ask me, Chivalry ain't dead as long as there are nice guys, however you should focus on becoming the lover first to avoid confusion.
Good luck.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

well at least for me.. i want to be your friend first not go straight into lets start dating, ya know?? be her friend but you can be flirty and all that might get her attention.

Showing 556-570 of 2106