ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506872
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

well I have an issue..
so I have a boyfriend, but you see there is this other guy and hes really outgoing and fun and makes me laugh, and my boyfriend is more on the calm and serious side. and I am kinda getting feelings for the other guy and my friends say hes a better fit and they think he likes me but i only get to see him like once maybe twice every other week so i dont think he does.. but im not really sure what to do, cause i like the funny guy but i still like my boyfriend.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

For now all you should do is just go with the flow, if you start getting more feelings for the guy that isnt your boyfriend you might want to question how much you really are into your boyfriend and you might want to have a talk with him. but just for now, let things be, see where they go.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

yeah we have been together for like 6 months and I really really like him so im just gunna see what happens. thanks!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

B) You don't know my siblings, lol.

The last time I tried, I talked to the siblings to get them on my side. Works if you do it well.

C) She knows I exist and she might possibly like me (I hope)

Signs? Tell me and I can roughly judge.

D) Are there any signs of being dumped into the friend zone?

You hear phrases like: 'I can talk to you about anything,' 'You're really a nice guy,' 'You're like a brother to me,' 'You're my best friend,' and 'You understand me.' ( These are neon warning signs that you need to rectify fast).

You finally work up the courage to ask her out and she tells you: âI donât want to jeopardize our friendship,' 'I like you too much to go out with you,' 'I donât want to risk losing what we have,' and so on.

She tells you all about her problems with men. (She's treating you like how she treats her girlfriends).

She asks you for advice about the men she's attracted to. (This is when you press the red button).

That's what I can think off the bat. More comprehensive stuff here.
Read more: http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_150/162_dating_advice.html#ixzz1glo2SMSr
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Signs? Tell me and I can roughly judge.

She always asks for hugs

geez, im getting all warm and fuzzy just typing this!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

She always asks for hugs

I have a few female friends who ask for hugs, but we're just friends.

Any other signs? Does she often gaze at you? Does she stop talking with her friends when you approach? Does she pay you attention all the time when someone else tries to talk to her?
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Does she often gaze at you? Does she stop talking with her friends when you approach? Does she pay you attention all the time when someone else tries to talk to her?

Sortofish to all of those. During services, she'll hold my hand, and at a recent youth group lock-in, we sort of got a little cuddly.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Sortofish to all of those. During services, she'll hold my hand, and at a recent youth group lock-in, we sort of got a little cuddly.

Then go for it, seems quite obvious she likes you.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

well I have an issue..
so I have a boyfriend, but you see there is this other guy and hes really outgoing and fun and makes me laugh, and my boyfriend is more on the calm and serious side. and I am kinda getting feelings for the other guy and my friends say hes a better fit and they think he likes me but i only get to see him like once maybe twice every other week so i dont think he does.. but im not really sure what to do, cause i like the funny guy but i still like my boyfriend.

I was in that situation, except I was in the funny guy's shoes. It didn't dawn on me that the girl liked me until her boyfriend started to threaten me. I was quite blind to the most barefaced of clues, including the time where she said out of all the guys in class she would date me.

My advice would be to wait and see, to be fair to everyone.
snappypinkie
snappypinkie
41 posts
Nomad

I have this little problem-
There is this girl that I like, she's the girl that I want to be with. But she's also my ex's best friend. My ex dumped me, so would it be ok to ask her friend out? #confused

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

But she's also my ex's best friend. My ex dumped me, so would it be ok to ask her friend out? #confused

Why would you care about your ex if she dumped you? It is admirable, but such naivety will get you no where. Just make sure the girl likes you.
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

I was in that situation, except I was in the funny guy's shoes. It didn't dawn on me that the girl liked me until her boyfriend started to threaten me. I was quite blind to the most barefaced of clues, including the time where she said out of all the guys in class she would date me.
My advice would be to wait and see, to be fair to everyone.

yeah i dont want to hurt anybody, and my boyfriend probubly would threaten him haha which isnt good. so I will just see what happens.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

thanks so much to all who gave me help. she just texted me and asked what was going on between us, and she said she has feelings for me! I think that I just made it out of the friend zone!

AequitasBU
AequitasBU
112 posts
Nomad

Remember girlfriends cost money lol. Just spent $200 dollars on her for Christmas . No Skyrim or Battlefield 3 for me.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

you never had to buy her something that expensive hahaha.

Showing 571-585 of 2106