ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506868
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Remember girlfriends cost money lol. Just spent $200 dollars on her for Christmas . No Skyrim or Battlefield 3 for me.

You know that is quite a lot. I just spent 20 euro on her dad for sinterklaas, but that was because we all wrote our names on a piece of paper and then you put them in a box and pick one random. And for that person you buy a gift. We did it with a max if 20 euro. (btw how do you say what I just explained in English?)
Aysuz
Aysuz
6 posts
Nomad

I totally agree on money wise, although if i were to have a girlfriend, I would choose one who does not expect only accessories from me. It gives me the feeling that I'm only there to supply her needs :/

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

To be honest if my boyfriend spent that much money on me I would be a bit concerned. At least to me, it seems a bit clingy and I can't stand it when people try to spoil me but eh, that's just me

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

yeah i feel like if a guy spends that much on me they are just trying to earn points or trying to get on ur good side ya know?

AequitasBU
AequitasBU
112 posts
Nomad

yeah i feel like if a guy spends that much on me they are just trying to earn points or trying to get on ur good side ya know?

No we spent the same on each other, to be honest I just recently bought her gifts. She bought mine first so I knew how much to spend already.
AequitasBU
AequitasBU
112 posts
Nomad

And I'm not worried about being on her good side lol. We're dating and have been for while so i'm already there.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

From a guy's standpoint, if he spends that much money on you, than he is just trying to get in ur pants, if you know what i mean

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Zak
You said I had the sick mind eh? :P
It really doesn't matter how much money u spend, it just matters that he/she/it(?) enjoys your gift.
Actually I could really get into the whole Christmas spirit thing but u have heard it all before, "as long as your together" blablabla
Oh well.
Merry Christmas!!

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

well i actually need help. i have no idea on what to get my boyfriend for christmas.. I know sad. he never says what he likes or what he wants so i have no idea.. he likes music and stuff. any ideas on what to get him?

VinceNeille
VinceNeille
139 posts
Shepherd

Hey, Gangster, my good friend - I suggest asking him. He likes music and I geuss that gives you general idea of what to get him - considering that there's many gifts pertaining to music. But, if you're looking for the ideal/perfect gift, then I suggest asking. Now, I know how it feels to ask (it's stupid, 'cause he'll be expecting the gift, right..?) Well, go the extra mile with his gift. If he asks for an Ipod/Mp3/etc.. then give him the headphones with it! If he asks for Macaronii, give him the cheese, too! xD

And trust me, if it's coming from you, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Anyway, ..aren't you a day late and a pickle short..? lol

Sorry, I'm feelin pretty random today.. xP

cablecar1
cablecar1
158 posts
Nomad

Gangster, get food. Men love food. Maybe find out if he's a chocoholic or food enthusiast of some sort? I know I am. :P

idontlikeyou
idontlikeyou
41 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I was thinking you should ask him what he wants. At least if you ask he'll get something that he really wants.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

Hey, Gangster, my good friend - I suggest asking him. He likes music and I geuss that gives you general idea of what to get him - considering that there's many gifts pertaining to music. But, if you're looking for the ideal/perfect gift, then I suggest asking. Now, I know how it feels to ask (it's stupid, 'cause he'll be expecting the gift, right..?) Well, go the extra mile with his gift. If he asks for an Ipod/Mp3/etc.. then give him the headphones with it! If he asks for Macaronii, give him the cheese, too! xD
And trust me, if it's coming from you, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
Anyway, ..aren't you a day late and a pickle short..? lol
Sorry, I'm feelin pretty random today.. xP

I have asked him. hes always like whatever you think I would like or something like that, he wont really tell me.

hahaha yeah im not the best at getting things on time. Well if you think about it he got my present early so i if i get it late then it will be on time hahahaha jk!
xXSexyKittyXx
xXSexyKittyXx
2 posts
Nomad

Why would you bring "real-life" issues onto the internet for advice, anyway? I mean, really. You wouldn't even know who you're really talking to and you're talking about personal issues? Just weird... and creepily awkward.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Why would you bring "real-life" issues onto the internet for advice, anyway? I mean, really. You wouldn't even know who you're really talking to and you're talking about personal issues? Just weird... and creepily awkward.

Some of us have been friends for years. You see a shrink who you don't really know, so what's the difference?
Showing 586-600 of 2106