ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506867
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Also, yeah it's a little creepy, but u don't give out names and stuff. It also gives you the confidence to ask for help. If you don't know who they are, then who cares if they laugh? And most the people here are very nice.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

Another thing is you get a lot of answers and different perspectives and you have a better chance of finding something that will work out with your boyfriend/girlfriend. And honestly it's not that creepy. You're just asking for advice...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You wouldn't even know who you're really talking to and you're talking about personal issues?

Perhaps that's for the better. People who you do not know and do not know you are more likely to give you objective advice than someone who knows you too well.

Another thing is you get a lot of answers and different perspectives and you have a better chance of finding something that will work out with your boyfriend/girlfriend

^This.

If you ask your best friend for advice, you aren't going to necessarily get the right advice; just the opinion of your best friend. If, however, you ask the question publicly (keeping in mind that everyone here is fairly anonymous, unlike *shudders* Facebook), you're more likely to get objective advice from people who are here to help you. And because there are many different people here with various opinions, one person's terrible advice will most likely get shot down by people with more experience in that particular field; which is something that doesn't happen if you ask your friend or a psychiatrist.

Just weird... and creepily awkward.

It isn't awkward in the least bit. Look at the name of the thread.

The only "creepily awkward" people in this thread are the closed-minded people who think publicly addressing real-life issues on the internet is a bad idea.
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

how can you love someone from the pc
i really don't understand it...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

how can you love someone from the pc
i really don't understand it...

No, the thread is just for users asking for dating advice for real life problems.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

You should watch the original Tron, younie.

And just because you met in a different way doesn't mean you can't love them. I have a lot of friends on here that I do in fact love, while it might not be in a romantic way, it doesn't subtract from the fact I have emotions for someone online. Be it over the Internet or not, why does it matter?

Haven't you ever seen an online dating site? eHarmony and such? There are plenty of people meeting each other over the Internet, so why is it that people who spend more time online than they do are allergic to the idea of loving someone online? I'm sorry, I just don't understand and I would really like some clarification on this.

Even though it has already been said, I really feel like stressing the fact that it doesn't matter if you know people you talk to. I mean, stranger danger does apply, but let's face it. You just posted on a gaming site forum, which has 2 million+ people you don't know. That's 2 million+ people that have a chance to look at what you say and judge you on your character. What if one of those people you knew from school? What is the difference between online and offline personality? If anything online people should have a bit more bravery to post about their personal problems, because they can still remain anonymous.
And it isnt like we are all going to go behind your back and start talking about you, like people in real life might if you told them about your personal problems.

The fact is, since a relationship advice thread even exists on this site already shows that there are people in the world who are willing to help you with your problems, even though they might not know you personally. Is it creepy that nice people exist?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Latching onto pseudo-offtopic string. /o/

I've met some of my best friends through games, actually (even had one from england visit for a week last summer [after knowing him for about two years; was fun]).
Chatting with someone a lot does develop a form of relationship (not in the "couple" meaning, in the broader meaning) and both voice and video chatting is more or less free these days, so it's not necessarily a faceless sort of thing.

It does suck if you end up being close enough for deeper feelings to develop, though. That sea totally gets in the way.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Sorry... I know it was off topic, but it has a point... Eventually...

I know that xat has been the place of chatting with a lot of AG users, multiple chat rooms have been made. Tinychat.com/chatag has been visited by a lot of AG community fellows.

A user on here, Sona or Sonata is what people call him most of the time, he lives really close to me and we might or might not visit on the next few years.

AG isn't just a gaming site, it's led to me adding people on Facebook and/or texting them a lot. We talk about relationships and school and stuff, just like any other batch of friends would.

I really need someone who will go against my opinion here, before I launch into another massive phone-post.... I really think this is breaking my poor thumbs.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

LOL MOON EMOTIONS ONLIME R STOOPID

Except I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said, just in a less mushy way. That said, you should always steer clear of getting too attached to anyone on the internet. Jussayin.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I get what you are saying. :P I'm not trying to be mushy, I just don't know how to explain it when someone won't help me refine my argument by refuting it.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

That's because you're right, and most of the people who would refute your argument are mostly illiterate as we saw on the previous few pages.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

But it's people like that, who populate the world more than the literate who actually stop to think about things. So by dealing with them, it gives me knowledge on how to deal with future people.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

God, why couldn't this thread have popped up two years earlier for me.

WHY U SO SLOW THREAD

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

No, the thread is just for users asking for dating advice for real life problems.

oww i didn't know that, but ok, i have no real life dating problems
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Which I believed I just proved wrong...

It's for any problem about relationships. Any relationship. Anywhere.
Showing 601-615 of 2106