ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506864
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

God, why couldn't this thread have popped up two years earlier for me.

WHY U SO SLOW THREAD

lol nicho u online dating cutie

It's for any problem about relationships. Any relationship. Anywhere.

Not problems. Just relationships in general.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

lol nicho u online dating cutie

I HATE YOU PAZX/PIERCE/MARY.
ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

Okay. Me and my girlfriend (9 months) have been fighting about sex the last little while D: Mostly the fact that I apparently "don't start it" enough and she always needs to get things going.

The thing is, I'm just not as interested in having sex as much as her D: And ont op of that I work really hard all day! I'm in construction! It's tough! I'm exhausted a lot of the time. And she's basically said either I start it or we don't have it anymore.

Which won't really work considering my low sex drive in general D: And it's driving me crazy. Blargh.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I don't know if us teen and early twenties people are that experienced to give such advice!

There's always the blue pill though.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I don't know if us teen and early twenties people are that experienced to give such advice!

^this

But perhaps if you take a day off of work you could get something going?
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

The thing is, I'm just not as interested in having sex as much as her D: And ont op of that I work really hard all day! I'm in construction! It's tough! I'm exhausted a lot of the time. And she's basically said either I start it or we don't have it anymore.

Do you still have feelings for her? The lack of interest might not be in sex, but in her.

Which won't really work considering my low sex drive in general D: And it's driving me crazy

Well, if you just don't like sex as much as her she should be able to accept that. She should understand that you have to work a lot and not complain as much as you are saying she is.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

I havent seen this thread for so long! anyways, my problem has been here for 4 months and unansweared!!!! there was a girl i liked last and a new girl i like and i have no idea who i like?!?!?!

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

sounds like a personal problum rofl jk!
well which one do you have fun with?

ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

Do you still have feelings for her? The lack of interest might not be in sex, but in her.

Nonono. I love her with all my heart But I'm not going to lie she's never been the most attractive woman. But I really do think she's the one. I've had enough girls to know when a girl definitely ISN'T :P

There's always the blue pill though.

That's not the problem :P It's more like WANTING to get it up that's the problem xD

Update: Not to put too many details on a site for anyone 13+ but the problem has been resolved :3 We're going to be spicing things up a little lol but she's going to respect the fact that if i'm tired then i'm tired. Nothing I can do :P
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

there was a girl i liked last and a new girl i like

Seems like you have a choice to make. It all depends on your preference at this point. We can't really tell you who to like.
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

exactly what dev said. you gotta figure out who you want to like on your own. we can't decide for you, unless you give us more information

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Hey everybodyz. Alright lemme sum up mah situation. So, every other Tuesday, I go to this church to watch kids while parents have a meeting. I get paid to watch the kids too, it's cool. But anyways, there's a girl who works in the class next to me and every day our classes go outside to the playground for 20 minutes. Then she was totally checking me out, so I was like "hey maybe I can get to know this girl." So i was wondering if anyone had any conversation tips on how to subtly find out how old she is, and her last name and stuff. cuz my tongue always runs out of words at the worst possible time.

So basically I'm asking if you're a guy, what are some successful conversation starters you might have used in the past? and girls, how would you want a guy to start a conversation with you?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So basically I'm asking if you're a guy, what are some successful conversation starters you might have used in the past? and girls, how would you want a guy to start a conversation with you?

Cheesy opening lines never work on most girls. Just approach her and start talking. Or find a situation where both of you will be close then start speaking. Imagine gaining a first impression of being corny, cheesy or cliched.
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

I've seen some of my friends lose girls by using cheesey lines. So I already know not to do that.

then start speaking

And that's where I fail. So even more basically, I'd like some non-cheesey conversation-starting lines. And smooth ways to find out her age and last name without sounding like a stalker would be good too.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

And that's where I fail. So even more basically, I'd like some non-cheesey conversation-starting lines. And smooth ways to find out her age and last name without sounding like a stalker would be good too.

Don't aim to find out her age and last name. Why would you require that? Get to the chase straight away, and be more informal. Asking for such general points might make you seem stiff. Just jump into the conversation!

Though of course that might end up causing you to be classified as friend material right off the bat. :X
Showing 616-630 of 2106