ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506863
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Don't aim to find out her age and last name. Why would you require that?

Well I guess I don't need her age. But it'd be nice to have her last name so we could be facebook friends! XD

Just jump into the conversation!

Okie dokie. So I suppose I'll just give that a shot instead and see how it goes. But it's annoying how I only get to see her every other tuesday so I have to wait two weeks. So when I see her it's usually do or die time. but I usually die. XD

"Love is when your heart jumps into your throat, then splashes back down into your intestines. Then the resulting moisture makes you sweat like crazy. The sweat then shorts out your brain and causes you to babble like a cretin until she leaves" ---Calvin and Hobbes
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

You could, after talking to her for a bit, just ask her if she'd mind becoming friends on FaceBook.

I suppose that seems subtle enough.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

But isn't there a place besides church where you can see/meet her. I suppose the church is in the town you live in, and I can guess she lives there to. There has to be a place where she goes in her free time. Maybe a bar, disco, school, sport location (soccer field, baseball you get the point).

If she sees you there you have something to talk about next time in church.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

But isn't there a place besides church where you can see/meet her. I suppose the church is in the town you live in, and I can guess she lives there to. There has to be a place where she goes in her free time. Maybe a bar, disco, school, sport location (soccer field, baseball you get the point).

If she sees you there you have something to talk about next time in church.

Well that's the problem, I don't know her well enough to know where she goes. So my main question was for good ways to start conversations without making a fool out of myself. So once I get to know her better, then I can know where she goes and maybe even invite her to my house an' stuff.

And it's not actually "church" church. It is a building where a church meets on sundays. But I only work there with kids on every other tuesday while parents have a meeting.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Well that's the problem, I don't know her well enough to know where she goes. So my main question was for good ways to start conversations without making a fool out of myself. So once I get to know her better, then I can know where she goes and maybe even invite her to my house an' stuff.

Well, you can't just wait untill she will talk to you because that moment may never come, just say something like "Hi" and see where it goes. It workes for me.
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

just a simple, "hey how ya doin" should probably start a conversation. if you start getting nervous or anything just ask simple questions and listen. most girls like it when guys will let them talk about themselves and they just listen. ask her if she plays any sports, does any extra-curricular activities, if she has any siblings or any pets. simple is best. then you can become more complex as you get to know her better

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

most girls like it when guys will let them talk about themselves and they just listen.

Sorry I need to clear the ambiguity. Let the girls or guys talk? O.o I would think that it ultimately just depends, and is up to one's intuition.
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

let the girls talk if he gets nervous and can't really talk..sorry that was a bit confusing. my bad.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Hey, i have been trying to figure what to get her for valentines. Should i go out of my way, or should i just take her to the dance?

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

well what do you mean? like go out of your way as in do something really amazing? idk i have always wanted a guy to ask me to a dance for valentines or do something really special.. but idk i need to know more on what your idea is on out of you way

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

You can never go wrong with simple flowers and/or chocolate. Unless she is alergic to either, but I'm sure she would appreciate the gift.

It also depends on if you are dating her, and if so, how long. If you have been dating for a really long time, then you should do something special. If this is your first date, then just simply flowers or nothing at all is in order.

As much as some girls want guys to be extavagent from the first date, you have to think of yourself too. Just find the balance.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

just a simple, "hey how ya doin" should probably start a conversation. if you start getting nervous or anything just ask simple questions and listen. most girls like it when guys will let them talk about themselves and they just listen. ask her if she plays any sports, does any extra-curricular activities, if she has any siblings or any pets. simple is best. then you can become more complex as you get to know her better

Okay...thanks. That's actually good advice. I'll give it a shot.
SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

yep no problem. let us know how everything works out for ya

OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

I hate to run off on a tangent but since no one's posted in a couple of days I'll try to pick things back up.

What do you guys and gals think are the best Valentine's Day gifts for your significant others?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

You can never go wrong with simple flowers

Unless you can drive, then no. Do not get flowers. Because chances are, she'll guess your mom got them.
Showing 631-645 of 2106