ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506861
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

What do you guys and gals think are the best Valentine's Day gifts for your significant others?

Depends on their interests. Flowers and chocolate are the generic choice. Going out to a special dinner/movie. I know people that have taken girlfriends to Disneyland, a day at the beach, ect. All comes back to interests.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Unless you can drive, then no. Do not get flowers. Because chances are, she'll guess your mom got them.

it looks like someone has read the dangerous book for boys. i read parts of it but got board once they began to tell me how to build a go cart....
a good gift would simply be something you know that the person likes. if they like chocolate, get chocolate. if they like movies, get them a movie or take them to the movies ex.....
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

i read parts of it but got board once they began to tell me how to build a go cart....

I don't know about you but that book helped me build a mean treehouse. And my cart is top-class. XP
OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

Getting something you know appeals to that person's taste is a good idea but I like what devsaupa and pickpocket said about days at beaches and movies and what not.

My girlfriend is allergic to most every flower on this planet but she wants to see I Vow and there's a beach not far from where I live. Good ideas.

And I might add that when buying chocolate never buy Russel Stover's assorted chocolates. No one likes those things.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I would write a heartfelt letter or poem, spray some perfume on it and give it to the girl with a bracelet. Oh wait, been there, done that. Hmmm.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I have given her 1 coupon for a flight (piloted by me and my instructor -.- and a diner afterwards, not with the instructor). I chose this gift because she loves flying and I won't buy anything since I am going to let her choose a Mobile for her birthday which is 2 days before valentines day.

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Heyyy it's me from page 66. and guess what? It all worked out perfect! We're really good friends now! It was a cinch! Thanks for the advice, folks!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Just make an effort and go watch a boring movie (chick flick) with her but don't fall asleep! xD
If you're gay then I don't know, ask a gay person.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Ok, so I have this dilemma...

Well, Valentines Day is just around the corner and I want to do something with my gf (who I was able to get thanks to the advice on here), however it is going to be someone's birthday *coughmecough*

what should I do? i usually spend birthdays with my family, and since it's a school day, I don't know about anything I could do. Would a belated Valentines Day work?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Would a belated Valentines Day work?

no......most likely no..... just no....
now an early valentines day might work.... or split ur birthday up. spend half with each
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

what should I do?

I'm sure she would understand. But you must spend some of the day with her. And a gift to make up for the lost time. But only the most selfish gf/bf would ask their partner to skip their birthday with family and focus entirely on them. Again, just make sure you spend some time with her.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Hey, This is like my second time dating, (first being a dance) and i dont know what to get her. We have been in a "relationship" for some time I(2 1/2 Years Exactly) But we never got serius about it untill this year. I am in seventh grade and so is she. same class btw. I NEED HELP!!! There is a dance... but should i get her something to go with that? I NEED HELP HERE PEOPLE!!
Thanks,

WaKySwAg

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I am in seventh grade and so is she

And you have been in a relationship for two and a half years? Or was this a close friendship that you view as an actual relationship. I say this only because you put it in quotes and said you were never serious. What's her interests? Can't go wrong with flowers and chocolate. And you are both in seventh grade so I wouldn't think you need to get her that much. But we can't give advice with the limited info you gave. For a middle school dance, flowers and maybe a little plush animal should be suitable.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Can't go wrong with flowers

AHHH! must i reference the book again?
most likely she will think ur parents got them. dont buy anything too expensive, as this leads to the same thinking.

if dev`s "hypothesis"(hurray for science vocab) is correct about u being friends but not really dating, then i would say dont buy anything. that would be a little awkward.... so yeah.... thats my thoughts
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Okay, We were in a place were we didn't know what to do. We kind of said "I like you, alot" than thought it meant nothing. This Year we got involved. AKAi took her to a dance, slow danced and kissed after etc. The later happended in this year.
Oh, we did kiss once in 6th grade but... oh never mind.

Showing 646-660 of 2106