ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506852
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

That's good, that means that you aren't being pressured by your peers. If it's entirely mental, then all of the feelings you may get for her is your own.

The cartwheels thing, was just an analogy.

TheAtheist
TheAtheist
132 posts
Peasant

Ahh I see. Well thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Don't mention it. Anytime man.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

I have a question.
There was this person I liked a lot years ago. It's been seven years and there's still no glimmer of a future with him. But I still hope. Is that wrong? Should I forget about him?

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

I have a question.
There was this person I liked a lot years ago. It's been seven years and there's still no glimmer of a future with him. But I still hope. Is that wrong?

We need more details. The more details you give, the better answer you'll receive. Are you still around him or did he move away and that's why it's been several years? Are you even "friends" or are you just "acquaintances"? How much do you like him? What do you mean by a 'future' with him?

Should I forget about him?

It partially depends on how much you like him. If you don't think you'll have much of a future with him, then you might want to forget about 'im. If you like his looks and/or personality, then you should chase 'im. So it comes down to how much you really want him. You may just have to get to know him more, so you can really know if you have a 'future' with him. But we just need a few more details on your situation in order to give you some legit advice.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Okay. Well, he has moved away. But the thing is he moved away for a few years and then moved back. I thought 'now we'll definitely get somewhere now' but I was wrong. The first time he came to live nearby I was around him enough to see what he was like and to start to like him. When he moved back the second time, I wasn't around him at all but we looked at each other and saw each other.
I like him a lot. He was kind to me but I don't think he knew I liked him. We weren't friends, or even acquaintances. I think he stayed away from me because of my situation. I was homeschooled and my parents were always near me.
But I keep getting this feeling like one day I'll see him again and this time something will really happen. I can't shake the feeling and I wonder if its just wishful thinking or really my intuition speaking.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

well having hopes aint bad, and i mean go for it if you want. there is always time to try and ask, and if he say "no" well, thats love for ya, one son of a *****

WaKySwAg

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Okay. Well, he has moved away. But the thing is he moved away for a few years and then moved back. I thought 'now we'll definitely get somewhere now' but I was wrong. The first time he came to live nearby I was around him enough to see what he was like and to start to like him. When he moved back the second time, I wasn't around him at all but we looked at each other and saw each other.
I like him a lot. He was kind to me but I don't think he knew I liked him. We weren't friends, or even acquaintances. I think he stayed away from me because of my situation. I was homeschooled and my parents were always near me.
But I keep getting this feeling like one day I'll see him again and this time something will really happen. I can't shake the feeling and I wonder if its just wishful thinking or really my intuition speaking.

Aha! That was MILES better in terms of details. But it sounds to me like you should have tried to have conversation more often so that you could get to know each other. Conversation is key. Very key. So it sounds to me (not to be to harsh) that you blew a few chances at conversation with him. And if you ever see him again, you should be the one to start the conversation because most guys are terrified of girls. So if you start it up with him, things may go much more smoothly.

But should you forget about him? Not necessarily. If you really think that he's your type, then there's still hope. "He/she's fair game 'till he/she puts on the wedding ring." my dad always says. And from what I can make out, he's currently moved away? If so, then you can always preserve hope and leave a room for him if he ever comes back. And if he ever comes back, be sure not to blow any chances at conversation! But if you find someone else you begin to like while he's gone, then you may have to let the old go and make room for the new... If he's currently not moved away, find him and start some conversation! But if he's currently moved away, my advice would be that if you found someone else that you are very interested in, you could forget about the other guy.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

o no friend,killersup went through somthing alot like that exept he loved her.he went through months of deep deppressionit was pure hell..best thing to do....prolly get really close to him,ask him if he wants to go to the movies with ya.if he says no then ask him about some other time.if he says no twice then he is not into ya and if ya do it anymore times that 2 he will think you are a stalker.then again killersup has never had a trully good realationship.hmmmmmm.worth a try.o ya if you have a really close friend...........never say a word about it to them.cuz they will go behind your back and ask him.guys don't like when a girl has another girl ask him.hates even.good luck and let love come to ya better than it went to killersup and his lonly ***.

murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks, guys. It makes sense now. I'll definitely try conversation in the future. But the only thing is I'm terrified of being the first to talk to a guy. I don't know but I just freeze up unless he talks to me. So, I guess, maybe the reason I never got to know him well was because he didn't talk to me first (for whatever reason) and I was too scared to talk to him first.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

easy conversation starter.

drop somthing next to him.he picks it up.say thanks.ask wazzup with him.BOOM conversation.

killersup's ultimate realationship advice.good luck

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Thanks, guys. It makes sense now. I'll definitely try conversation in the future. But the only thing is I'm terrified of being the first to talk to a guy. I don't know but I just freeze up unless he talks to me. So, I guess, maybe the reason I never got to know him well was because he didn't talk to me first (for whatever reason) and I was too scared to talk to him first.

Such terror isn't limited to just the fairer sex you know....In fact, many guys are much more insecure, due to the stereotype of a dominant confident male thrust upon a good number of us being such a huge pressure.

Good luck!
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Just talk to him about stuff and don't think (too much). Most guys like it if they talk to a girl doesn't matter about what.
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, killersup10, nichodemus, xNightwish you three are a great help. I will remember that.

easy conversation starter.

drop somthing next to him.he picks it up.say thanks.ask wazzup with him.BOOM conversation.
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

okay, just wondering what peoples friends/class mates thought about your relationship and/or some one you like
Heres mine, my girlfriend and i just went on a school skating trip, skated together, etc. one of her friends likes me (i think!) and so when i started dating she now sorta dislikes me, and i have had some problems involving my physical state of health (I.E. i got hurt some). just wondering if this has/had happened to you guys.

WaKySwAg

Showing 736-750 of 2106