ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506821
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

If she's interested in sports, it's not a bad thing at all that you discuss them with her!

But keep us posted as to how it turns out with the topic you have in mind.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Alright I don't mean to kill your un but I need some help.
So basically their is a girl I like and me being the idiot I am is blowing it. My problem is that I don't know really what to say. I mean we talk with each other a lot, but it's either about school or sports. Anytime I try to really tall with her well I just don't really know what to say...
So in short, how should I be better at talking to this girl?

Ask her questions about herself. What does she like to do? what type of music does she like, etc.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Well I didn't really hang our with her today. It's times like these when you actually have a useful task for Facebook.
Things are going pretty good honestly, not akward, not too personal and not too much about school. Thanks.

masen357
masen357
5 posts
Blacksmith

Well the girl I asked out finally gave me an answer. She said she doesn't think that right now is a good time to date anybody that she isn't ready to date again right now. Either she really means that or that was a nice way of saying no. Not real sure what to do now.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Either she really means that or that was a nice way of saying no.

Well, she IS saying no... but only because she isn't ready to date anybody right now.

If she becomes interested in the future, you'll probably have no trouble noticing the signs. =)
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I really need some help. I've been with my girlfriend for about 1 year and 9 months now. We have really good times on some weekends but lately it's been constant arguing, I try talking to her calmly and nothing works! Everyday its the same cr@p, different day. I've planned to leave her but I don't know something keeps pulling me back, what should I do?

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

what are you two arguing about?

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I really need some help. I've been with my girlfriend for about 1 year and 9 months now. We have really good times on some weekends but lately it's been constant arguing, I try talking to her calmly and nothing works! Everyday its the same cr@p, different day. I've planned to leave her but I don't know something keeps pulling me back, what should I do?

Just make her forget all your fighting and the little things that annoy her by doing something romantic. May cost you something but if u love her it is worth every penny you own.
Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

Woman are always right
The sooner a man learns that, the better he will do in his life.

Agree with the lady and like Nightwish said do things that dont annoy her, and be romantic ( but perhaps not over-romantic to the point where you could ace the Romeo part in your school play) Do what your heart decides. You've been with her for almost 2 years... some arguments shouldnt break you up.

masen357
masen357
5 posts
Blacksmith

Well today she told me that she just sees us as friends and doesn't see it going further than that. Guess im just gonna move on. Find somebody else who makes me the happiest person in the world.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Woman are always right
The sooner a man learns that, the better he will do in his life.

I'm going to assume that's a joke.
The cure for arguing is argue less. Give up some petty beliefs and figure out a compromise. Relationships take sacrifice. If you're not willing to sacrifice, then it's already lost.

Well today she told me that she just sees us as friends and doesn't see it going further than that. Guess im just gonna move on. Find somebody else who makes me the happiest person in the world.

Then don't waste another brain cell on her. heck, If you want to spite her, then don't even be friends. here's a warning though. DO NOT! let her lead you on any longer. talk in school or work if you want, but none further than that. Don't go out of you way to be nice, or do things for her.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

what are you two arguing about?

Like really dumb things. She gets mad because I fall asleep on her and I don't get mad when she does that. She gets mad because I walk with another girl to ONE class and she's friends with that girl!-.- And I don't say a word when she walks with another dude I don't even know.

Just make her forget all your fighting and the little things that annoy her by doing something romantic. May cost you something but if u love her it is worth every penny you own.

I did. I had took her out to eat in some average resturant, (I'm only a sophomore so don't judge me lol) & then took her out to the movies to watch Think Like a Man when I wanted to watch the Avengers. Everything was good and I had that feeling inside that I first had when we went out on our first date, but then there was more arguing like 2 days later!
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

@slipsoccer

You have to think is putting up with all this worth it? Do you really like this girl so much that you can put up with all her annoy aspects? Just some things to think about.

Personally I would try and get her to calm down. Ask her why these things bug her. Tell her that even though you have other friends that are female that they are not as important as her. If she really loves you back she will understand this stuff.

This is all coming from a guy that has never been in a relationship before so you can try it or not.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

@daleks

Well talking with her pretty much gets us no where half the time. I've been wanting to leave her but like I said something keeps pulling me back and I don't know what it is.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've been wanting to leave her but like I said something keeps pulling me back and I don't know what it is.

You probably still love her. Which makes sense, seeing as you've been together for nearly 2 years. It's only natural that your feelings, as conscious as the may or may not be, would pull you in even if on the surface you feel that you no longer want her.

On a different note, I'd like to congratulate you all on helping reach 100 pages of relationship advice, experience and insight.
Showing 961-975 of 2106