ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506771
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Yeah, but it's most common girl to guy.
Honestly I think it's good to stay in the friend zone for a little bit, but staying too long is a mistake. Its not always your fault about getting out though.

No, it's not. It's jut guys complain about it more than us.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

My advice Ace would be not to be in a relationship before you move. It would pretty much suck. You would drift apart yadayada and then be wishing you were not together when you had to move.

Anyway, I have never understood why kids these days want to start dating so early. Highschool that is fine. But I knew 6th graders that would talk about there relationships and go out with people. Maybe it is just me but I find that weird. You can be happy on your own believe it or not.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

But I knew 6th graders that would talk about there relationships and go out with people. Maybe it is just me but I find that weird. You can be happy on your own believe it or not.

I think that's weird too. I never understood it. Basically being " in a relation ship" that young is holding hands in the hall and sitting by each other at lunch. It's stupid and makes all the other kids feel bad. They think that their is something wrong with them because they are single. That's how I felt in 6th grade at least. I think once your in highschool your fine. I'm just saying that it's rather pointless when your that young and still being controlled by your parents.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for double

*shrugs* Well hey, we need an excuse. I mean come on, that's got to be the reason they won't date me, with my bafflingly good looks and magnetic personality.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Once you are sure your moving, I'd move in. I wouldn't send a long, heart filled text. Just show more interest, face to face.

Just a simple "How do you do" will probably work wonders.

Was that what they call a double negative?
If it because guys complain more than girls...doesn't that mean guys get friendzoned more often?

My advice Ace would be not to be in a relationship before you move. It would pretty much suck. You would drift apart yadayada and then be wishing you were not together when you had to move.

That's actually good advice. There's this kid I know. Pretty popular I would say. He has had 3, or two relationships that were basically long-distanced as in they got to see each other every month or something. I don't think they are doing that well.

Anyway, I have never understood why kids these days want to start dating so early. Highschool that is fine. But I knew 6th graders that would talk about there relationships and go out with people. Maybe it is just me but I find that weird. You can be happy on your own believe it or not.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/kenishirotie/kenishirotie1008/kenishirotie100800012/7516140-two-little-kids-dating-with-hand-lifts-onto-shoulder-in-a-park.jpg

It says they are dating.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/a53098257d9225fca0bf4ffb5e7626e41337065614_full.jpg

More like Forever Available!
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

And Ace is being creepy again. Time to go back to FB and be mad that Cristina is never on.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

And Ace is being creepy again. Time to go back to FB and be mad that Cristina is never on.

When isn't Ace creepy?
And I'm going to pretend that I have never done what your doing daleks.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Ace can be normal at times.

Glad you are the same pickpocket. Honestly this has to do with a friendship which is a type of relationship. Cristina is a good friend of mine but she is never online. I think she has been on about 3 days this year the last being in June. Sadly that is the only way I can contact her. I don't have her phone number. Should I ask her sister for Cristina's phone number or would that seem weird?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Should I ask her sister for Cristina's phone number or would that seem weird?

No... Just... No
You ask her for her phone number.
Facebook pisses me off now. I only use it to contact those out of country because I can't call them or text them.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think that's weird too. I never understood it. Basically being " in a relation ship" that young is holding hands in the hall and sitting by each other at lunch. It's stupid and makes all the other kids feel bad. They think that their is something wrong with them because they are single. That's how I felt in 6th grade at least. I think once your in highschool your fine. I'm just saying that it's rather pointless when your that young and still being controlled by your parents.

You can't really control that. Some people mature earlier than others. I remember I got my first GF at 6yo. Of course having one at 6yo and at 15 yo are two different things.
I lost many GF's because of my father's job, we had to move often so it sucked. It's hard when you just moved somewhere, change school, start making new friends and then, you have to move again.
:O
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

If you two are such good friends, why would it be weird to ask for her number?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Was that what they call a double negative?
If it because guys complain more than girls...doesn't that mean guys get friendzoned more often?

No, women simply mightn't vocalise it as much.
Guys are always going on about the friendzone, and have all these memes about how they asked a girl out and she wasn't interested.
Big whoop. I've asked a girl out who has seen me as nothing more than a friend: friendzoned. But i'm not going to go all viral about it.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

If you two are such good friends, why would it be weird to ask for her number?

It isn't asking her that is weird but if I should ask her sister(cause Cristina is never on). I don't know her sister as well.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Well in sixth grade at my school there WAS kissing and going in dates. For example one guy was dating a freind of mine and he had his mom take them horse back riding. (This guy was latter charged with sexual assault against tgis girl one year later, in seventh grade.)

This year in eighth grade, as i have told you before, there is a sexually active
Couple. The girl walked THREE MILES to his house by herself at ONE A.M.!!!!

Also there is an eighth grade girl(i am not friends woth or even know) who is pregnant AND got a piercieng in a place that would hurt EXTREMELY bad this past summer.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Well in sixth grade at my school there WAS kissing and going in dates.

Oh no, not that. Anything but that. Pre-teens exploring what the world of relationships are like in order to have a more mature experience when they've reached high school? Make it stop!

For example one guy was dating a freind of mine and he had his mom take them horse back riding.

Oh dear lord, children participating in a commonplace activity such as horseback riding? Your school is off the charts! Could it possibly get any worse than that?

The girl walked THREE MILES to his house by herself at ONE A.M.!!!!

Oh dear God in heaven. The humanity of midnight exercise and socialization. What has this world come to?

In all seriousness, all I can say is, how is your middle school experience anything out of the ordinary? Kids were drinking and smoking and fornicating when I was in middle school. If you're involved in it, great. If you're not, it's really not something worth getting worked up about.
Showing 1321-1335 of 2106