The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFavorite fighting style?

63 7754
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Mines druken fist because its a style that pretty much requires you to get drunk lol and its a pretty sloppy style so most people can pretty much master it as long as you dont forget how to fight due to to much alcohol XD

• 63 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

That isn't even close to drunken master style.............

I prefer open handed styles such as iron palm. Speed of strikes, versatility and ease of shift are it's hallmarks. I'm not talking about slapping, I'm talking about a Bruce Lee palm strike to the chest.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

most people actually learn this without the influence of and is pretty hard to master due to staggering ike motions if your not drunk also heres a video on youtube with jackie chan demonstrating the drunken boxing style

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

That isn't even close to drunken master style.............

yea i didnt even bother to research it i was to lazy so i just posted what i thought it was like
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

still it is my favorite because i mean it was basically derived from drunkness which i think is pretty unique since usually when you think of a drunk person you think there cordnation goes down the tubes but with this style it works with your natural state of being drunk to produce a overall pretty devasting style of fighting

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

something that needs more strategy then strength like tai chi, gentle fist etc.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

Taichi isnt really a fighting style, its more of a self control and to create dicipline. (Is highly versed in different styles and their histories) I practice Motobu-Ha ****o_Ryu. and i have been for about 13 yrs now. and just to through something out there as food for thought. no style is better than another, and noone can ever "master" a style.

****o-Ryu has a few different styles incorperated into it such as Ju-Jitsu, and Judo. ****o-ryu is a karate-do style and does not focus as much on the throwing aspect as other styles tend to. it really is a good overall style. Though the strikes can be hard, but also soft, and there are many locks and throws aswell. not to mention thephysicall conditiong that the training your partake in creates. i absolutely love it and would not ever want to change to another style.

Current rank: Nidan (2cd degree)

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Drunken master is pretending to be drunk. It utilizes large, slow circular movements and unusual balance. You don't have to be drunk at all, you just look drunk.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

True, it mainly focuses on taking your opponent by surprise, during the first few initial exchanges. It primarily relies on the opponent to think that your just a staggering fool that does not really know what you are doing, it is a lure. once they come within range or the right position. Bam! the attack hits.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

It also causes them to subconciously adopt an outward defensive position allowing you to easily strike from inside with little resistance.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

I rally hope your not wiki-pedia or googling any of this and actually understand the terms your using. heh.

Define to me what you meant with that last reply.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

No internet required (except to post, of course).

The circular movement of your arms makes your opponent naturally guard himself from outside strikes. That leaves him wide open to inside shots.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

Your not defining what you mean by "outsid" and "inside" are you refering to their physical location, or where the damage of the strike will be applied

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Outside strikes come from far left or right. Inside strikes come from directly infront.

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

ok now i get what your saying, from my standpoint of viw, i thought you were refering to distance from the target or targeted area. which is why i was asking

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I would use Drunken Master, but I can't get the back bends right. I can do most everything else in the style, though.

Showing 1-15 of 63