The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFavorite fighting style?

63 7756
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Mines druken fist because its a style that pretty much requires you to get drunk lol and its a pretty sloppy style so most people can pretty much master it as long as you dont forget how to fight due to to much alcohol XD

• 63 Replies
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

I would learn Ju-jitsu, it's a good fighting style.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

ju-jitsu is only a grappling style.. if you cant get your opponent on the ground you lose.. you need to know it in addition to other styles

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

good MMA fighters dont have very general knowledge in all aspects... they have deep knowledge in a lot of aspects... many of them hold black belts in several martial arts, i wouldnt call that general knowledge.

nononono, black belt means nothing, also, in order for the to have "real" knowledge in the actual karate-do not some stupid americanized ****, it would take them yeaaarrs to earn it and by then they would be too old to actually fight, sorry man, thats kind of an insult to me, they dont know anything about th real style or how to apply it, they just learned new names, thats about it. and i will repeat this from earlier

13 yrs of trainign in a TRADITIONAL Dojo and style. huge difference between me and any MMA fighter, sorry but its just plain and simple truth.
Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

ju-jitsu is only a grappling style.. if you cant get your opponent on the ground you lose.. you need to know it in addition to other styles

sigh* you still dont know what your talking about, Ju-jitsu is not only a grapling style wtf. Ju-jitsu has plenty of strikes and blocks, it focuses on controlling your oppenent and aims for getting into locks and various other control situations, Judo (litterally means gentle way) is more focused on throwing and grappling, ju-jitsu is more of strikes, locks and breaks. seriously, please atleast research some befoe you say something

(Also sorry for DP but i cant stand seeing mis-information about karate-do)
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ding ding ding people.

When the e-testosterone comes out, it's really hard to distinguish between those who want to discuss something, and those who want to flex their e-muscles (and also those who feel like being a smart-***), or even all three.

My favourite fighting style is the art of fighting without fighting.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Ninja Horse.

/thread

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

13 yrs of trainign in a TRADITIONAL Dojo and style. huge difference between me and any MMA fighter, sorry but its just plain and simple truth.

they dont know anything about th real style or how to apply it

if that was true... somebody like you would come and whip every mma fighter.
please atleast research some befoe you say something

when someone says ju jitsu i just automatically think Brazilian jiu jitsu.. which doesnt have strikes..... my bad
Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

No, someone like me doesnt fight for sport, the only times i fight are if its a nescessity or if a close friend wants to duke it out, i dont nmak eit a hobby. Thats the point of karate-do, its a way of life, not a sideshow hobby.

when someone says ju jitsu i just automatically think Brazilian jiu jitsu.. which doesnt have strikes..... my bad

sorry, i just get irked when i start talking about karate-do or any style or type of martial art, to other people. cause usually their dumb****s that watch **** off TV and think its the real deal or go to all theese americanized places like "Take-your-dough" dojo's (Taekwondo haha it was a joke laugh!) traditional taekwando is a good art, but most the places in todays culture AKA america, are ****
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Aikido is good because it is the art of defense, not offense.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

but most the places in todays culture AKA america, are ****

sadly, that's true :/ there was someone in my area that ran a gym/dojo type thing for a while... it was free and he taught how to defend yourself. The man was scary, he couldnt last in a fight more than 2 minutes because his ankles were screwed up, but if you lasted that long you were a god :P
chuck norris gave him one of his black belts i think, that's kinda cool
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Having seen a guy who was decent at karate fight for one of the mma titles, I daresay his grounding was the basis for his complete domination of his opponent, who appeared balanced on paper, but as bjiscuit alluded to, didn't have a solid unifying foundation between his striking and grappling methods. The difference was demonstrable. Can't remember the names as I don't follow UFC closely and my interest in martial-arts, while longstanding, isn't anywhere near focused.

I do want to echo that traditional martial-arts as a way of life mostly precludes involvement in bloodsport type events, due to the fundamental difference in their outlook.

Aikido is good because it is the art of defense, not offense.

Offense through defense is a central concept to many forms of martial arts (broadly speaking, allowing for concepts being lost in translation).
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

My favourite fighting style is the art of fighting without fighting.

Enter The Mod...

I usually fight dirty.
Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

I mean, every now and then (like once a year, rarely twice) if even once. I might go to a traditional tournament, but aside from that i just train at the Dojo. MMA is not a bad, self defence, or for teaching the public general knowledge so they dont get themselves killed (or atleast without a fight) but it has no standing out strong point.

And (im not going to do it just out of respect for my sensei) its sooooooooo tempting to go into those american karate places, and be like. "Can you'll teach meh howz to keel sumon wit dee's thumm?"

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

i like capueira cuz of all the actobatics in it.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

Having seen a guy who was decent at karate fight for one of the mma titles

you're probably talking about lyoto machida.. hes really good at karate.. he's lost twice in a row since he got the title though :/
"Can you'll teach meh howz to keel sumon wit dee's thumm?"

if you did that they would probably say yes... then leech your money xD
i like capueira cuz of all the actobatics in it.

whenever i see capoeira i always remember a scene in a movie....
Never Back Down
Showing 46-60 of 63