The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFavorite fighting style?

63 7752
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Mines druken fist because its a style that pretty much requires you to get drunk lol and its a pretty sloppy style so most people can pretty much master it as long as you dont forget how to fight due to to much alcohol XD

• 63 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lolol I love that clip.

thing is, capoeira is under-appreciated much in the same way breakdance is by the cultural mainstream. I wouldn't be able to comment on its application in a fight though...

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I spoke to a Capoeira guy I met in Brazil a while back. From the history of the sport it doesn't sound like it would be much good in a fight. It's creation was a response to the Portugese colonial invaders banning natvies from practising martial arts, and so they invented Capoeira as a form of dance to keep strong and fit, not necessarily to batter your opponent. Then again, I am a boxer and don't know much about martial arts or have had any experience fighting a martial artists. Except for one drunken experience in Thailand on their new year being taught Thai kick boxing by a drunken Irishman in a back alley. Let's not go there...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Well, as far as I know Capoeira indeed is only a dance and not a fighting style, since it all comes down to looking like a fight without harming the opponent; the two counterparts act perfectly together to make it look neat and fluent, and they are trained to not touch the other. Of course it indirectly trains your body and makes you fitter, and a capoeira fighter would take out an untrained guy no problem. That's for what I know at least..

Showing 61-63 of 63